Our top choice for the best Tempur-Pedic mattress is the TEMPUR-Contour™ Elite because of its medium-firm feel, which suits most sleep positions. Our runner-up is the TEMPUR-Cloud® Supreme Breeze because it blends softness and support while providing a cool sleeping experience.
All mattresses are not created equal and, by choosing Tempur-Pedic, you get the security of a trusted brand name. In this article, we’ll go over the best soft option, the best hybrid option, and more. Each of the picks listed here have top-notch user reviews and are made with high-quality materials.
QUICK LINKS: 5 Top Best Tempur-Pedic Mattresses
- Best Medium-Soft Tempur-Pedic Mattress: The TEMPUR-Cloud® Supreme Breeze
- Best Firm Tempur-Pedic Option: The TEMPUR-ProAdapt™ Mattress
- Best Medium-Firm Option: The TEMPUR-Contour™ Elite Mattress
- Best Hybrid Tempur-Pedic Mattress: The TEMPUR-Flex® Prima Mattress
- Best For Heavy People: The TEMPUR-Contour™ Rhapsody Luxe Mattress
#1 Best Medium-Soft Tempur-Pedic Mattress- The TEMPUR-Cloud® Supreme Breeze
Why We Like It:
- Both soft and supportive
- Absorbs motion well
- Machine-washable cover
- Cooling technology
- Positive user reviews
If you know you like a soft mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud® Supreme Breeze could work well for you. Although Tempur-Pedic mattresses have been known to retain heat in the past, this one has special features that promote airflow.
You Might Want To Pick The TEMPUR-Cloud® Supreme Breeze If:
- You’re a combination sleeper: Softer mattresses, like the Supreme Breeze, may work better for combination sleepers than for back or stomach sleepers. Sleeping solely on your back or front side with a soft mattress may cause your pelvis to sink in too much, causing lower back or hip discomfort.
- You sleep on your side: In addition to being suitable for combination sleepers, the Cloud® Supreme Breeze is also comfortable for side sleepers. The side sleeping position tends to create pressure in the shoulders and hips, so a soft surface helps prevent that.
- You want a washable cover: A lot of mattress covers aren’t removable and, even when they are, can’t be put in the washing machine. But the cover on this mattress can be both machine-washed and dried in the dryer. Note that you may want to hand wash and air dry it, so that it lasts longer, as machines can wear out the fabric over time.
- You tend to sleep hot: With a soft mattress, you may feel concerned about heat retention since you will sink into the bed, but the TEMPUR-Cloud® Supreme Breeze has multiple layers with cooling properties to combat this.
The TEMPUR-Breeze series has some of the brand’s best-selling models and was specifically designed for a cooler sleeping experience. The TEMPUR-Cloud® Supreme Breeze mattress comes in a firmness range from soft to firm, and the Supreme Breeze is medium-firm.
The cooling cover of the Supreme Breeze is made from breathable, lightweight material and can be unzipped and removed. Under the cover is a layer of TEMPUR-ES®, a soft, adaptive material which draws heat away from your body as you sleep.
Next is a support layer, made to distribute your body weight evenly across the mattress. The base layer of the Supreme Breeze mattress is built to reduce heat retention by dispersing heat from the layers above it.
Tempur-Pedic beds are known for being great at motion isolation. You will likely stay asleep even if your partner gets out of bed multiple times during the night. The company complies with the Federal Flammability Standard and, for more information, you can check the tag on your mattress.
The TEMPUR-Cloud® Supreme Breeze has a 10-year warranty and a 90-night sleep trial period for people who pass a credit check. All in all, this could be a good choice if you’re a side or combination sleeper who wants a soft mattress without getting too hot.
#2 Best Firm Tempur-Pedic Option- The TEMPUR-ProAdapt™ Mattress
Why We Like It:
- Contouring pressure relief
- Removable cover
- Good lumbar support
- Minimal motion disturbance
- Promotes breathability
Sometimes, you just need a bit of extra support from your mattress to help align your body. We chose the ProAdapt™ mattress by Tempur-Pedic as our best firm pick because it relieves pressure points with stable support and a plush feel.
You Might Want To Pick The TEMPUR-ProAdapt™ Mattress If:
- You or your partner are expecting: It can be hard to get comfortable in bed when you’re pregnant, especially with a coil mattress. But if you are expecting and favor the back or side-sleeping position, ProAdapt™ should give you the support you need with less discomfort.
- You would like help with setup: If you choose to order the TEMPUR-ProAdapt™, it will come with setup and delivery. If you live alone, this should be a relief since getting a mattress situated is much easier if someone is helping you.
- You need pressure relief: There are many different reasons you might need pressure relief, such as a demanding job or a tense neck. So, if this is important to you, the ProAdapt™, with materials designed specifically to provide advanced pressure relief, could be a smart choice for you.
- You suffer from back pain: Many people have back pain that is made worse by their old, worn out mattress. Upgrading to the TEMPUR- ProAdapt™ could help you solve this issue, as the bed provides good neck and back support, according to testers.
In this review, we’ll be focusing on the Firm Feel mattress from the ProAdapt™ Series, although it also comes in Soft and Medium. This bed has a zip-off cover with cooling technology, followed by a TEMPUR-APR™ Comfort Layer for pressure relief.
Under this, there’s a support layer that contributes to the overall firmness of the mattress and helps maintain its shape. Although your body will comfortably melt into the ProAdapt™ mattress, it also has a distinct supportive feeling in the back region, providing waist and lumbar support.
This bed is designed to work well for couples, which means it has great motion absorption. However, it’s a bit of a trade-off because moving around in this mattress does take a bit more effort than a bed without this level of motion isolation.
Tempur-Pedic doesn’t talk much about their environmental certifications, so if that’s a concern for you, you might want to choose an organic mattress from another company instead.
The TEMPUR-ProAdapt™ mattress comes with a 10-year warranty and a 90-night sleep trial period. If you do decide to return it, you will have to pay for the shipping cost. When you buy the mattress, hold onto your purchase documents, in case you do need to use the warranty.
#3 Best Medium-Firm Option- The TEMPUR-Contour™ Elite Mattress
Why We Like It:
- May help with back pain
- Isolates motion well
- Works for all sleep positions
- Supportive enough for heavy people
- Cover zips off for easy washing
The TEMPUR-Contour™ Elite is in the middle in terms of firmness, meaning it can support different body weights and sleeping positions. This makes it suitable for a wide variety of people, just keep in mind that it is on the firmer side for a medium mattress.
You Might Want To Pick The TEMPUR-Contour™ Elite Mattress If:
- You want to sink into your bed, but not too much: The Contour™ Elite mattress provides adaptive alignment and pressure relief. The top comfort layer allows you to sink in comfortably but still has a firm feel to it, overall.
- You suffer from back pain: If you deal with an achy or sore back, this mattress may be the solution you need. Many online reviews claim that the Contour™ Elite is great for alleviating back pain.
- You sleep on your back or stomach: People who favor either the back or stomach sleeping position should find the support they need with this mattress. A firm bed is better at supporting the natural curvature of the spine, which is important for alignment in either of those positions.
- You tend to sleep hot: Although memory foam usually retains heat more than other mattress materials, the Contour™ Elite doesn’t have this problem. The cool-to-the-touch cover and foam layers in the bed keep air flowing as you sleep and also draw heat away from your body.
The TEMPUR-Contour™ Elite has a removable cover that you can wash or replace and has a zipper that enables you to remove it easily. Beneath that is a highly-conforming foam that cradles your body while you sleep.
Next is a support layer made from TEMPUR™ material, which helps evenly distribute your body weight across the mattress. Under this is the mattress base, which helps draw heat away from the layers above it.
The foams used in this mattress are slow responding and allow your body to sink into it evenly, to melt away pressure. If you’re concerned about eco-friendliness, learning how to recycle your foam mattress is a great step you can take.
All Tempur-Pedic mattresses come with a 10-year warranty that covers product defects and a 90-night sleep trial. Note that the high-density foams in this bed may take a little while to adjust to your body, each time you get into bed. This will improve after you’ve owned it for a while and have had a chance to break it in.
#4 Best Hybrid Tempur-Pedic Mattress- The TEMPUR-Flex® Prima Mattress
Why We Like It:
- SmartClimate® system for cooling
- Coils give extra support
- Evenly distributes weight
- Comfortable cover
- Easy to change sleep positions
The TEMPUR-Flex® Prima is a supportive, quick-responding mattress that utilizes both foam and coils in its construction. This hybrid bed has a firmer feel and less sinkage than most all-foam mattresses due to a layer of wrapped coils.
You Might Want To Pick The TEMPUR-Flex® Prima Mattress If:
- You sleep on your back: People who sleep on their back tend to favor a firm bed since it allows the body to remain aligned. If you like your mattress to be on the firmer side and you sleep on your back, you’ll likely appreciate the TEMPUR-Flex® Prima.
- You like the innerspring mattress feel: Tempur-Pedic beds are comfortable, and that’s no secret, but if you don’t want to completely do away with coils in your bed, this hybrid is a good middle ground.
- You often wake up sweaty at night: The dual mattress covers in this bed use a proprietary SmartClimate® system that keeps you cool. If you tend to wake up covered in sweat, you’ll enjoy its moisture-wicking properties.
- You have pets who jump into bed with you: Although the TEMPUR-Flex® Prima mattress does have coils in its construction, it still excels in the motion transfer category. This should mean that you aren’t disturbed in the night from motion when your pet jumps onto your bed.
This mattress has a stretchy cover made from Premium Fabric and provides cool comfort. Under the cover is an extra-soft layer of TEMPUR-ES® material for support and comfort, followed by a quick-responding layer with a springy feel.
Next is a layer of densely-placed coils that react quickly to your body’s movements, then a base layer that disperses heat to keep the bed cool.
Although you can clearly feel the dense support from the layer of coils in the TEMPUR-Flex® Prima mattress, it also cradles your body due to the proprietary foam used in it.
Although Tempur-Pedic doesn’t release much information about their environmental certifications, they do meet the Federal Flammability Standard for mattresses.
Like other beds by Tempur-Pedic, the Flex™ Prima has a 90-night sleep trial period (with an approved credit check from you) and a 10-year warranty. All in all, this mattress is a good choice for shoppers who want a firmer bed that also has the cradling support of Tempur-Pedic foam.
#5 Best for Heavy People- The TEMPUR-Contour™ Rhapsody Luxe Mattress
Why We Like It:
- Removable cover
- Good motion isolation
- Cradling comfort
- Foams provide airflow
- Moisture-wicking properties
The TEMPUR® materials in this bed allow you to melt slowly into the mattress, cradling pressure points. But it also has a firm feel to it, which is suitable for providing the extra support needed by people with extra weight.
You Might Want To Pick The TEMPUR-Contour™ Rhapsody Luxe If:
- You want a bed without a springy surface: The TEMPUR® foam used in the Rhapsody is anything but bouncy. So, if you know that you prefer a bed that you sink into rather than a springy mattress, this could be a great fit.
- You want a supportive core in your mattress: The Rhapsody successfully blends the melting memory foam feeling with firm support. The foam provides great pressure relief for the whole body while the denser foam used provides even weight distribution and spine alignment.
- You sleep on your back or stomach: Since your pelvis takes on most of the pressure in either of these sleeping positions, a bed that won’t cause as much hip sinkage is best. The blend of a soft plush mattress surface with firm support makes the Rhapsody Luxe a good fit for stomach or back sleepers.
- You want moisture-wicking properties: Since memory foam tends to retain heat, it’s important that mattress manufacturers find a way to combat this for their customers. Fortunately, Tempur-Pedic uses SmartClimate® technology in the cover, which pulls heat away from the body.
The Contour™ line from Tempur-Pedic is considered the firmest available from the company, so it’s best to choose the Rhapsody Luxe if you already know you like a firm bed. The cover is durable, soft, and zips on and off for easy washing.
Under the cover is a layer of TEMPUR-HD® material, which conforms to your body for pressure relief. Next is a support layer made from TEMPUR® material, which evenly distributes your weight across the bed for proper alignment.
Finally, the last layer serves as a base and helps to absorb heat from the top layers, creating more airflow and a cooler sleeping experience.
Since the bounce in the Rhapsody Luxe is so minimal, this mattress easily dissipates movement to prevent disturbances. You won’t disturb your partner in the night if you toss and turn in your sleep.
Tempur-Pedic complies with the Federal Flammability Standard and, for more information, you can check the tag on your mattress.
This mattress comes with a 90-day sleep trial period and a 10-year warranty. This bed is great for heavy sleepers because it uses truly supportive foam in its construction.
The bed may feel very firm at first, but keep in mind that with foam this dense, you’ll probably need to break the mattress in. Users report that after a few weeks (at most), their bed was more comfortable.
Things to Consider When Buying a Tempur-Pedic Mattress:
Tempur-Pedic mattresses have a great track record with customers, but there are a few things to keep in mind before you buy.
Mattress Lifespan: With every bed you buy, it’s a good idea to define the amount of time you expect it to last. Tempur-Pedic have mattresses been known to last for around seven to eight years, although people with some extra weight might experience that their bed wears out faster.
High Price: Perhaps the biggest factor that makes people think twice about Tempur-Pedic is their cost. But, if you appreciate a proven track record of satisfied customers and the sensation of memory foam, it’s probably worth your investment.
Sleep Trial: As mentioned earlier, Tempur-Pedic gives their customers a 90-day trial to test their bed out, but only with an approved credit check. This could be an issue for you, or not a concern at all, depending on your individual circumstances.
Satisfaction: Tempur-Pedic has an above-average track record for helping people alleviate pain and sleep deeper. This makes their overall satisfaction rating quite high, although the price is a big deterrent for some people.
Overall, if you’re in need of the cradling support offered by memory foam and can afford the price, Tempur-Pedic seems like a pretty safe choice for your new bed. Hopefully, this article made your mattress-selection process a bit easier.