While each Amerisleep mattress aims to satisfy a different type of customer there are a few similarities in material, build and quality which lay the foundation of Amerisleep’s success. All of their mattresses contain a number of high-end features, including:
- Plant-based, Greenguard certified memory foam
- Celliant fabric mattress cover - a brand name synthetic polymer fibre, that transforms body heat into infrared light and is proven to make people fall asleep faster. This material is also proven to increase blood flow and regulate body temperature.
- Patented Bio-Core support layer as the solid base of all of their mattresses that works to relieve pressure points and act as a stable base for the upper memory foam layer.
- 90-day sleep trial period
- 20-year warranty
While there are commonalities between Amerisleep’s five mattresses, there are some subtle differences, in terms of materials and features. Listed below, in order from softest to firmest, we break down the five Amerisleep mattresses.
Read on to learn more about their differences and find the best one for your sleep style and body type.
The softest bed in the Amerisleep range, the Independence is the highest profile mattress they offer, at 14 inches and is designed for side or combo sleepers, meaning those who sleep in a variety of positions, throughout the night. Described as “the ultimate in softness”, it is rated about a 5 out of 10 by reviewers, who find this mattress quite soft and closer to a “typical” sinking memory foam feel.
The Independence has three separate layers that each serve their own function and starts with a thick, 9-inch base layer of foam. This gives the mattress support and stability and also prevents motion transfer and side sinking for when you are sitting on the edge of the bed.
Above this is a 3-inch Active Flex layer, designed to add an extra layer of adaptive softness and provides cushioning while conforming to the body. Not all Amerisleep beds have this middle, extra transition layer and its job is to add extra support as well as cushioning for pressure points, making it a great choice for people who find that firm beds are too hard for their hips and joints. This layer has air channels and is designed to promote air circulation.
The top layer is the 2-inch breathable memory foam layer that provides a further sinking hug, but because it’s made with their open cell technology and the cover also has some built in cooling technology, it sleeps cool, while still conforming to the body.
You Might Like the Amerisleep Independence Mattress If:
- You sleep hot: Because of its cooling features, this mattress is good for those who want the feel of a soft, memory foam bed, but sleep hot.
- You want a supportive memory foam feel: The softest bed in the Amerisleep line, this mattress is soft and cozy, but supportive.
- You sleep on your side: Because this bed is soft but adaptive, customers who sleep on their side will find this most comfortable.
Next up in terms of firmness, the Amerisleep Colonial Mattress is 13-inches high and the second softest bed the brand offers, rated as medium soft. Because it is quite soft, but adaptive and supportive, like the previous model, it is designed for those who sleep on their sides or combo sleepers.
With its multi layered construction, this model also has three layers. Starting with a 7-inch supportive base layer of their Bio-Core foam, the middle layer is a 4-inch transition layer of adaptive foam, also found in the Independence model.
The top layer is a 2-inch layer of Amerisleep’s adaptive Bio-Pur memory foam that is designed to be more breathable and cooler than other types of memory foam.
Rated on the soft end of memory foam mattresses, at about a 4 out of 10 if 10 is firmest, this bed is great for those who want a soft bed that is still supportive. The base layer makes for very little motion transfer and it’s great for people who share a bed or for light sleepers.
While the Colonial and the Independence both rate as soft mattresses, the main between the two is the difference in the thickness of the layers, which accounts for the difference in firmness.
You Might Like the Amerisleep Colonial Mattress If:
- You sleep hot: There are several cooling features integrated into Amerisleep mattresses that make it great for those who sleep hot, even though it has the sinking hug of memory foam.
- You like the feel of soft memory foam: This mattress is the softest that Amerisleep offers so if you like the cushy feeling of adaptive memory foam, this might be the bed for you.
- You have back problems or pressure point issues: Because this bed is on the soft end of the scale for memory foam beds, this bed might be good for you if firm beds give you an aching back or if you have aching hips and shoulders from pressure points.
Described as good for every kind of sleeper, the Liberty mattress is the best thing Amerisleep has to a “middle of the road” mattress as it’s rated at about the halfway point for mattress firmness, making it great for couples who sleep in a variety of positions.
The company mentions that the Liberty takes the base layer technology from their firmest beds and combines it with the cushioning features of their softest beds making for an even and adaptive sleeping experience. Like the previous two soft mattresses, it also has that middle adaptive foam layer that you’ll notice is missing from their firm beds.
The base support foam layer of the Liberty is a thick, 7 inches, the middle transition layer is 2 inches and the top Bio-Pur memory foam layer is a cushioning 3 inches.
A perfect “medium soft” feel, this bed delivers and has great pressure relief without feeling stuck in. It is supportive and while it isn’t as “enveloping” as softer memory foam beds, it is still soft. Many users also report that all back pains have disappeared, since using this bed.
You Might Like the Amerisleep Liberty Mattress If:
- You want a memory foam bed without sinking in: Since this bed rates as medium, you get all the benefits of a memory foam bed, without sinking in too much. You won’t get that enveloped hug that “too soft” memory foam beds have.
- You have back problems: Supportive, and providing even weight distribution, this is a great option for those who have sore backs from beds that are too firm.
- You share the bed: Because the Liberty mattress is Amerisleep’s middle range bed in terms of firmness, it’s great for couples who sleep in different positions or like different levels of firmness.
Moving out of the soft and medium mattresses that Amerisleep offers, we move into their firm offerings. The Revere is one of the company’s firmer mattresses and rates about a 6 to 6.5 on the firmness scale, or medium firm.
While it still offers the soft comfort of memory foam, it’s lacking that middle transition layer of the previous mattresses. Instead, this mattress gets its firmness from a thick 9-inch base layer of Amerisleep’s Bio-Core foam and just one more 3-inch layer of their Bio-Pur comfort layer of memory foam on the top.
While the bottom layer provides support and stability, making for very little motion transfer, the top gives the same pressure relief and soft coziness that customers expect from memory foam beds. And because of that open cell reticulation of the memory foam layer, you’re still getting that cool, breathable layer on the top making it great for hot sleepers.
Because it’s firm but still comfortable, this bed is Amerisleep’s best bed for back and stomach sleepers. While a few people feel it’s too firm, it is actually rated as medium firm, so make sure you do your research before you purchase, to make sure you get the mattress style that’s right for you. No sense buying a medium firm bed, if what you really want is an extra soft bed.
This bed has a great firmness to the edge as well, so overall, it’s a fantastic option for heavier customers who have pressure points and sore areas, but tend to squish down the side of the bed.If you normally sleep hot in memory foam beds because of their sinking feeling, you will most likely find this bed comfortable and cool.
Overall, a great pick for those who want a memory foam bed, but still want some firmness.
You Might Like the Amerisleep Revere Mattress If:
- You are overweight: This mattress is medium firm and supportive, but has memory foam to cushion painful pressure points and so it might be good for heavier customers.
- You want a firmer memory foam bed: If you are looking for the cozy cushioning of memory foam, but like a firmer bed, this might be the pick for you.
- You sleep on your back or stomach: The firm support of this back makes it great for back and stomach sleepers as it offers support and doesn’t sag.
The lowest profile of all the Amerisleep mattresses, the Americana is also the firmest. While it still consists of a fairly thick layer of memory foam on the top, at 3 inches, its base layer is 7 inches thick, making for an overall 10 inches of height.
While certainly not extra firm or hard, by any stretch, this bed rates at about a 7 on a 10 point scale, so it provides more of a floating on top feel, rather than a deep sink into the memory foam.
Consequently, because this mattress is supportive, stable and sag free, it is great for stomach and back sleepers. It provides even support across the back so there is no uncomfortable curvature of the spine, but it still has enough memory foam to not be hard.
This bed is great value and offers higher end materials for a much lower price than competitive memory foam beds. Most people find this bed super comfortable with one customer in particular saying they sleep through the whole night now, instead of waking up 3-10 times. Others mention it is fully contouring but supportive.
Users also report it doesn’t lose its shape over time and another happy buyer reports that they literally cannot wait to get into it, every night. Firm but not hard, and also the most affordable of all Amerisleep’s beds, if you like memory foam but hate the cushy sag of soft beds, this is the bed for you.
You Might Like the Amerisleep Americana Mattress If:
- You sleep on your back or stomach: Because the Americana mattress is firmer than other memory foam mattresses, it’s a great pick for stomach or back sleepers who like its support and even weight distribution, with no sag.
- You like a firm mattress but want the softness of memory foam: This bed has the same Bio-Pur memory foam top of all the other Amerisleep mattresses, but no transitive middle layer. With just a thick and sturdy layer of base foam, this bed is firm yet comfortable.
- You want a low-profile memory foam bed: At just 10 inches, this is a low-profile memory foam mattress. If you struggle with getting in and out of the bed or like a bed that’s lower to the floor, this is the pick for you.
To wrap it up, Amerisleep offers great value for well designed mattresses with high quality materials. For multilayered memory foam beds, with some natural materials and a 20 year warranty, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better mattress in the same price range.
All you need to do is to find the one that’s best for you. With their sleep trial period and easy return policy, you can’t really go wrong.