The Layla is a double-sided mattress, meaning one side of the mattress is soft while the other side is firm. You simply flip the mattress over to your preferred level of firmness.
The soft side of the mattress is rated a 4.5 out of 10, with 1 being extremely soft and 10 being very firm. This softer feel is ideal for side sleepers who need to sink into the mattress.
The firm side of the Layla is rated 8.5 out of 10, which is ideal for stomach sleepers who need to stay on top of the mattress. If you are looking for a more medium-firm mattress — such as back sleepers — the Layla may not provide the right level of support and comfort you desire.
The Layla is ideal for individuals who suffer from joint pain and sleep-related stiffness. This is due to the mattress’s copper-infused memory foam layers. The copper helps reduce pain and increases blood circulation in your body, helping you sleep better and wake up feeling ready to tackle your day.
For a memory foam mattress, many users say this mattress sleeps much cooler than similar products. It also provides excellent motion isolation, helping you sleep more soundly despite a wiggly partner next to you each night.
This memory foam mattress boasts a lifetime warranty, which is a rare but standout feature. It also comes with a long 120-night trial period, allowing you to fully test both sides of the mattress before returning it. If you decide you aren’t happy with the Layla, you can return the mattress within the 120-night time period and receive a full refund.
Unfortunately, after unboxing this mattress, there is some off-gassing that can linger for several days. Luckily, most users say it is not unbearable and goes away with time.
Pros & Cons of the Layla Mattress:
What we liked:
- Lifetime Warranty
- Sleeps cool
- Strong motion isolation
What we didn’t like:
- Some off-gassing
- Both sides might not really hit the spot in terms of firmness
4 Reasons to Buy The Layla Mattress
- You suffer from joint pain: The copper-infused memory foam helps you wake up feeling rejuvenated and refreshed, ready to move and tackle all your upcoming tasks.
- You want a great value: The Layla offers a large feature set and many health benefits, yet it won’t cost you a fortune. You’ll be saving money and sleeping well with this memory foam mattress.
- You sleep hot at night: Avoid waking up sweaty and uncomfortable with the Layla. This mattress sleeps much cooler than traditional memory foam due to the thermogel cover and copper-infused memory foam.
- You are a stomach or a side sleeper: The firm side of this mattress provides the right amount of support for stomach sleepers who need to stay on top of the mattress, while the soft side hugs and contours to your body’s natural curves.
What to Look for in a Mattress
- Firmness: The level of firmness you choose depends on your sleeping position, body type and personal preference. Firm mattresses are best for stomach sleepers who need to sleep on top of the mattress, while side sleepers need a soft mattress that lets the body sink into it. Back sleepers should look for a medium-firm mattress, which provides plenty of support, yet is soft enough that it won’t press on the spine.
- Construction and materials: Mattresses are constructed using numerous layers and materials. Innerspring mattresses are bouncy and sleep cool, while memory foam mattresses help distribute weight to your body’s weaker joints, relieving sleep-related aches and pains. Latex mattresses offer many of the same benefits as memory foam, yet they don’t have the off-gassing that often accompanies memory foam products.
- Durability: Before making any purchases, read through numerous customer reviews to learn about other customer’s experience with the product, particularly after extensive use. Also, consider the product’s warranty. A longer warranty proves the company stands by its product, and not just for a short period of time.
- Trial Period: It takes several weeks for your body to adjust to a new mattress. Look for products that provide a 100-night trial period or longer. In most cases, if you aren’t satisfied with the mattress during the specified time frame, you can return the mattress and the company will refund you the full cost of the product.
- Warranty: A standard warranty on a memory foam mattress is 10 years. However, the best products are covered for 20 years or more. Lifetime warranties are ideal — although rare — and prove that the company fully stands behind their product.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Layla Mattress
Q: What type of bed foundation do I need with this mattress?
You don’t need a bed frame for the Layla and you can lay it directly on the floor. However, if you choose a foundation, make sure the foundation is solid and stable.
Q: Is the mattress cover washable?
The mattress cover should not be washed in a washing machine. If spills happen, the cover should be dry cleaned.
Q: Should I regularly rotate the mattress?
You should rotate the mattress 180 degrees every few months to avoid creating permanent body indentations in the mattress.
Additionally, individuals with joint pain – such as sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis — will benefit from the copper-infused memory foam layers that provide joint relief and help increase body circulation.
With the extensive feature set, lifetime warranty and excellent price on the Layla, you have nothing to lose and should take a chance on this memory foam mattress.