The Novosbed is ideal for lightweight and average sleepers — no matter their favorite sleeping position. Made from three layers of foam, it hugs and conforms well to sleepers and relieves pressure placed on your weaker joints.
It is available in three firmness options: soft, medium and firm. Each mattress is pretty true to its firmness label. For example, the medium option is rated a 5.5 out 10, with 1 being extremely soft and 10 being very firm. Even better, you can fine-tune the firmness level of each mattress.
If you want a mattress that falls between each of the three firmness levels offered, such as a true medium-firm product, Novosbed will send you a Comfort+ kit for free. The materials in the kit integrate directly in the mattress and adjust its comfort level, without the need of a topper.
No matter the firmness level or size of the mattress you choose, each mattress is 11-inches thick, which is ideal for lightweight and average sleepers.
Heavier sleepers may not receive the full support they need from this product and could use a thicker mattress. The top foam layer on the Novosbed features several holes, allowing air to flow more easily through the mattress.
Pro-Tip: Check out our mattress recommendations for heavier individuals here.
However, many users say that the Novosbed still retains an excessive amount of heat and is not a cool mattress. Additionally, due to its memory foam construction, it contains a strong chemical-like odor after it is unboxed. However, the off-gassing should disappear after several days.
Pros & Cons of the Novosbed Mattress
What we liked:
- Firmness Options
- Free Comfort+ kit
- Excellent motion isolation
- 15-year warranty
What we didn’t like:
- Retains heat
- Strong off-gassing
- Poor edge support
You Might Want to Pick the Novosbed If:
- You want to choose your firmness level: Your comfort options are endless with this mattress. Not only can you choose your firmness level, if the mattress isn’t just right, Novosbed will provide a free Comfort+ kit that will adjust the firmness level and tailor it to your specific needs.
- You want plenty of sinkage: You will sink into this mattress and experience plenty of hug, but not too much that you feel stuck.You wake up with sleep-related pains: The Novosbed does an excellent job distributing your weight and minimizing pressure on your joints. You won’t wake up with sleep-related aches and pains anymore.
- You are looking for great value: The Novosbed offers many of the same features, construction and materials that you’ll find in higher-priced memory foam mattresses, yet you’ll pay half the price.
- You want plenty of time to try it: If you don’t love this mattress within 120 days of your purchase date, you can return it for a full refund.
What to Look for in a Mattress
- Firmness & Support: You favorite sleeping position contributes to the level of firmness you should consider in a mattress. Back sleepers need a medium-firm mattress — one that provides enough support to keep the body aligned, yet an ample amount of cushion. Side sleepers should consider a soft mattress, while stomach sleepers need a firm mattress, which keeps their body on top of the mattress and their spine properly aligned throughout the night.
- Construction: The materials and design vary from product to product. Innerspring mattresses provide plenty of bounce and sleep cooler while memory foam mattresses offer excellent motion control and help ease sleep-related pains and aches. Latex mattresses also sleep cool and you don’t have to worry about chemical-like smells.
- Durability: The materials and construction all contribute to the durability of the mattress. Read through customer reviews before making any final decisions to ensure current customers don’t experience sag or excessive wear and tear.
- Temperature Regulation: Consider mattresses with cooling properties — particularly if interested in a memory foam mattress. Cooling gel foam and breathable fabrics can all help disperse heat and help you sleep cooler.
- Warranty: Look for mattresses that offer a 10-year or longer warranty. This is the average length of time many mattresses are covered under warranty. The best warranties are 20 years or longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I pay additional shipping costs?
Shipping is free in the continental U.S. and in Canada. Alaska, Hawaii and other remote locations may have added remote shipping fees.
Q: How do I clean the mattress cover?
The cover on the Novosbed is removable and can be used in a washing machine. It should not be placed in a dryer or dry cleaned.
Q: How early can I return my mattress?
You must use the mattress for a full 60 days before you can begin the return process. After 60 days, you can return the mattress for a full refund.
The Novosbed is ideal for lightweight and average-sized sleepers who enjoy a variety of sleeping positions.
You can choose your preferred firmness level, and this mattress provides plenty age of hug and comfort for all body types. It does sleep warm and there is a profound chemical smell after unboxing this mattress.
However, for the price, the number of options and the lengthy trial period, the Novosbed is a memory foam mattress that is worth trying.