WinkBeds Mattress Review [2017 Edition]
An In-Depth Review of the WinkBeds Hybrid Memory Foam & Innerspring Mattress
Are you unsure if you should go for an innerspring or a memory foam mattress? Do you want a mattress that offers great support for your body but also feels like sleeping on a cloud?
While usually you would have to choose either memory foam or coils, the WinkBeds hybrid mattress offers the best of both worlds. The coil-on-coil structure will provide you with ample support while the memory foam layer will give you the soft feel you come to expect from high quality memory foam mattresses.
In the following review we will take a look at what the WinkBeds mattress does well – but also what could be improved.
The WinkBeds Hybrid Mattress
The WinkBeds hybrid mattress is one of the few innerspring mattresses that is purely sold online. With it’s 101 day trial you will be able to experience it’s outstanding edge support, great temperature control and, for an innerspring mattress, respectable motion transfer. Especially heavier customers will appreciate the great support while the foam layer offers the comfort you usually get from memory foam mattresses.
While the coolControl base is certainly an interesting feature which does it’s job well, it also adds a whooping $2200 to the price tag. Therefore we only recommend it to those who regularly suffer from a too hot or too cold sleeping environment.
Everyone else will be really happy with the base mattress which comes at a very competitive price.
What to Look for in a Mattress
New to picking a mattress? Use this checklist to make your decision:
- Firmness & Support: Back and stomach sleepers should look for a firmer mattress. Side sleepers should pick a softer mattress so allow hips and shoulders to sink in.
- Material & Construction: Memory foam offers a softer feel and comforts your body. Innerspring provides stronger support also on the edges and usually offers better temperature regulation.
- Durability: The average lifetime of a mattress should be at least 7-8 years.
- Thickness: Thicker mattresses are usually softer and therefore great for side sleepers and heavier people.
- Temperature: Memory foam sleeps hotter than innerspring mattresses. Cooling gels and organic covers can help regulate temperature.
- Warranty: Warranty should cover you for at least 10 years, ideally longer. Many warranties have voiding policies that make the warranty invalid, such as sleeping on a mattress without a boxspring. Read through the warranty documents and understand the stipulations before you jump in.
- Eco-Friendliness: Look for organic materials and low emission processes used in producing the mattress.
The WinkBeds Mattress
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How will the mattress be shipped? And how does the packaging look like?
A: Unlike many memory foam mattresses you can buy online, the WinkBeds mattress is delivered un-compressed. It is wrapped in a protective plastic wrapping and gets delivered in a cardboard box. It is ready to use after unpacking.
The WinkBeds hybrid mattress is a great choice if you want the best of both worlds – foam and springs. The foam layer provides a soft and comfortable feel while the coils provide stability and great edge support which especially heavier customers will appreciate. While there is still a bit of motion transfer it performs better than most of it’s innerspring competitors and will therefore do well for couples.
Due to it only being sold online, the WinkBeds mattress comes at a great price point that is much lower than most of it’s innerspring competitors. The coolControl base is a nice bonus but most customers will find the price tag too high to justify the purchase.
All in all the Winkbeds mattress is a great purchase for everyone who wants the support of an innerspring mattress but the comfort that memory foam has to offer.
WinkBeds Hybrid Mattress
- Overall Quality
- Side Sleepers
- Back Sleepers
- Stomach Sleepers
- Eco Friendliness
- Value for Money