GhostBed is the creation of industry veteran Nature’s Sleep which has been active in the industry for many years.
But how does the GhostBed mattress compare to it’s competitors and does all the industry experience and fine tuned processes lead to a better mattress that will suit your needs?
Keep on reading our full GhostBed review where we dive deep into the pros and cons of the GhostBed mattress.
The Highlights: The Ghostbed Mattress
The Ghostbed mattress is a gel infused memory foam & latex mattress that is a bit on the firmer side. This will especially make back and stomach sleepers happy who need the firmer structure to support their body adequately.
Side sleepers might find this mattress a bit too firm and might be happier with the Leesa mattress which offers a bit softer experience which allows their shoulders and hips to sink in a bit more.
Same is true for larger people who might want to check out our recommendations here.
The GhostBed comes at a great price, starting at $495 for a TWIN mattress and going up to $925 for the CAL KING. At this price it is a great option for average sized back and stomach sleepers.
4 Reasons to Buy the Ghostbed Mattress
- You want a firmer mattress: Back and stomach sleepers will like this mattress due to it’s firmer support. But also side sleepers who prefer the firmer feel should give this mattress a try.
- You want a cool mattress: If you usually sleep hot you will be surprised how cool the Ghostbed mattress will keep you at night. It definitively does a good job compared to many other memory foam mattresses.
- You want to try your mattress at home: 101 days – that’s how long you can test the Ghostbed mattress at home. And you can always return it if you don’t like it.
- You are on a budget: The Ghostbed mattress comes at a great price – especially if you look at some of it’s competitors. If you are on a budget but don’t want to sacrifice quality this mattress is a good pick.
What To Look For In A Mattress
This short guide will help you ask the right questions when it comes to buying the perfect mattress for your needs.
- Firmness & Support: Firmer mattresses are great for back & stomach sleepers while softer mattresses are better for side sleepers who’s hips and shoulders need to sink in a bit more. If you are a bit on the heavier side look for a thicker mattress that offers enough support.
- Material & Construction: Memory foam contours your body better and offers better motion isolation. Innerspring mattresses offer better support, especially on the edges and usually sleep cooler.
- Durability: A good mattress should last at least 8 years. Consider the materials and construction as well as the warranty coverage and check reviews and user reports if a mattress holds up to it’s promise.
- Temperature: If you are a hot sleeper go for an innerspring mattress or a cooling gel infused memory foam mattress.
- Warranty: Warranty should cover you at least 10 years but make sure to read the fine print to see what is actually covered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you put a mattress topper on top?
A: Yes, you can put a topper on the Ghostbed which is especially interesting to side sleepers. If you find the mattress too firm, Ghostbed might supply you with a softer mattress topper if you contact them after at least 30 days after purchasing the mattress.
The Ghostbed mattress is a great choice for back and stomach sleepers due to its firm support. Side Sleepers might find it a bit too firm and might be happier with the Leesa or Casper.
The mattress is very competitively priced and with a 20 year warranty and 101 day sleep trial can’t go wrong. We recommend that you give this mattress a try for a month or two and just return it for free if it doesn’t feel right.