The Ikrema is a USA-made mattress that is comprised of three layers of memory foam. It is a much softer mattress than many comparable products, but it offers two options — SuperPedic and MaxComfortPedic.
The SuperPedic (use this linkto get $50 OFF) is an extremely soft mattress while the MaxComfortPedic (use this link to get $250 OFF) is also soft, but more easily adjusts to your body shape, providing better support throughout the night. However, the MaxComfortPedic comes at an additional cost.
The soft feel of the Ikrema makes it ideal for side sleepers who need to sink into the mattress for full support or for those who enjoy a more plush sleeping environment.
Unfortunately, because this mattress is so soft, stomach sleepers will not receive the support they need and will be uncomfortable.
The Ikrema is breathable, helps you sleep cool and features a durable cover that isn’t prone to tears. It offers a long 10-year warranty, and you have 101 nights to determine if you wish to return the product to receive a full refund.
What we liked:
- Excellent motion isolation
- Sleeps cool
- Two options available
What we didn’t like:
- Too soft for stomach sleepers
- Not supportive for heavy individuals
- Noticeable off-gassing
4 Reasons to Buy the Ikrema Mattress
- You are a side sleeper: The plush design of the Ikrema is ideal for side sleepers who need a softer mattress which accommodate the body’s natural curves. One reviewer described sleeping on this mattress as feeling almost cloud-like, instead of feeling like you are stuck and can’t get out.
- You want the mattress to last a long time: Not only does this mattress feature a 10-year warranty, it is made from high-quality materials, including its mattress cover. The high-quality fabrics used in the cover help prevent rips and tears that can often result from normal use.
- You tend to sleep warm in the night: You won’t wake up with night sweats when sleeping on this mattress. It boasts open-cell foam which lets air flow through more easily, creating a more cool and dry sleeping environment.
- You wake up sore and stiff: This mattress distributes your weight equally across its surface, placing pressure on your body’s stronger joints. This means you wake up feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to move.
What to Look for in a Mattress
- Firmness: Your favorite sleeping position can help you determine how firm of a mattress you need. Side sleepers should consider a softer mattress. Back sleepers need a medium-firm mattress that provides plenty of cushion, but is still firm enough to properly support the body. Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress to help the body stay afloat and keep the spine aligned.
- Construction: Consider mattresses that are made from high-quality materials and varying layers. Also, consider the thickness of the mattress’ design as a thin mattress — typically 10-inches thick or less — won’t provide proper support for heavier individuals.
- Temperature Regulation: Many memory foam products can trap heat around your body, disrupting your sleep cycles. The best products feature cooling properties — such as a cooling gel or breathable materials — that disperses heat and keeps you cool.
- Motion Isolation: No matter how wiggly your partner may be, the better motion isolation the mattress provides, the less interruption you’ll experience in the night.
- Warranty: Look for memory foam mattresses with a warranty longer than 10 years. A 10-year warranty is the average length of time many manufacturers cover their memory foam mattresses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What type of bed frame can I use with this mattress?
You can use the Ikrema on any bed frame or hard surface — including an adjustable bed frame. However, if you choose to use a slatted bed frame, be sure the slats are no more than 6-inches apart.
Q: How do I clean this mattress?
You can remove the mattress cover on the Ikrema and hand wash it or place it on the gentle cycle in a washing machine. You should not place the cover in a dryer.
Q: How will this mattress be delivered?
This mattress is shipped in a large box and delivered to your door via FedEx Ground.
Q: Can the mattress be shipped internationally?
Yes, the mattress can be shipped globally. However, if shipped outside the United States, the limited warranty, free shipping and 101-day guarantee are void.
Q: When can I sleep on the Ikrema?
You can sleep on the mattress shortly after unboxing it. However, it may take several days for the mattress to fully expand and provide its full support.
The Ikrema mattress is worth considering if you are a side sleeper. The plush design is ideal for side sleepers who need a softer mattress to keep their spine aligned throughout the night. Unfortunately, stomach sleepers should consider a firmer mattresses as they will not receive the support they need and may find this product to be uncomfortable.
In addition, many heavy individuals (click here for our top recommendations) also found this mattress did not provide the full support they needed and experienced significant sinking. This mattress is best for light or average weight sleepers.
The Ikrema lets you sleep cool and is breathable. It also features a long 101-night trial period, allowing you to fully test out the product before making any final purchasing decisions. Overall, for those who want a soft, plush sleeping experience, the Ikrema is a good choice.