This hybrid mattress is available in three firmness options, so no matter your sleeping position and how firm you like your bed, the Voila is for you.
Unfortunately, this hybrid mattress is more expensive than its competitors, and its thinner design is not ideal for heavier individuals, particularly overweight individuals who prefer a firm mattress.
If you want to know more about the Voila and its many features, read on!
The Highlights: The Voila Mattress
The Voila is a hybrid mattress comprised of memory foam, latex foam and pocket innerspring coils. It is comprised of up to a dozen layers of various materials, which increase its durability.
The Voila is available in three firmness levels: plush, medium and firm. The variety of firmness options makes this mattress ideal for all sleeping positions and most sleepers.
However, this mattress tends to fall on the firmer side of the spectrum. For example, the Voila’s plush mattress is rated a 4 out of 10, with 1 being extremely soft and 10 being very firm.
This is much closer to a medium-firm mattress rating than for a plush option. The thickness of each mattress depends on the level of firmness you choose.
The plush mattress — the thickest of the three — is 12-inches thick, the medium option is 11-inches thick and the firm option is 10-inches thick.
Overweight and larger sleepers found these mattresses — particularly the firm mattress —too thin and it does not provide the support their larger bodies need. You will stay cool throughout the night due to gel and latex foam layers.
The pocketed coils, also provide plenty of bounce and comfort, but you will experience some disturbance if you sleep with a partner.
Additionally, the cost of this mattress can put a dent in your pocketbook if you are not prepared. But, the Voila offers free shipping, and there is a 100-night trial period, giving you plenty of time to return the mattress if you are not happy.
Pros & Cons of the Voila Mattress
What we liked
- Three firmness options
- 100-night trial
- Sleeps cool
- Excellent edge support
- Little smell
What we didn’t like:
- Not ideal for overweight users
You Might Want to Pick the Voila Mattress If
- You need a mattress that is best for a variety of sleepers: The three firmness options make this mattress ideal for a variety of sleeping positions. You can choose the firmness level you desire and still enjoy the cooling, pressure relief and durability the mattress offers.
- You want to sleep cool: The top layers of this mattress boast gel and latex foam, which disperse heat and keep your body cool all night long. You don’t have to worry about sweat and excess moisture keeping you up all night long.
- You don’t want a mattress that smells: Don’t worry about airing out your mattress due to a terrible, chemical-like smell. Because the Voila uses only a small amount of memory foam, you don’t have to endure any horrible off-gassing. Be aware that there is a little smell to this mattress, but nothing that will linger and make the bed unbearable to sleep on.
- You want proper time to test the mattress: You have 100 nights to test this mattress before making any final purchasing decisions. If you decide you don’t like this product, you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked.
What to Look for in a Mattress
- Firmness: Your favorite sleeping position and personal preference help determine how firm of a mattress you need. Side sleepers should consider a softer mattress, while back sleepers need a medium-firm product. Stomach sleepers should look for a firm mattress to keep their spine properly aligned.
- Construction: Mattresses are comprised of varying layers of materials. Memory foam products contour more to your body, while innerspring mattresses are bouncier and tend to offer more support. Hybrid mattresses are designed with both innerspring coils and varying types of foam, offering the best of both worlds.
- Temperature Regulation: Memory foam mattresses tend to sleep much hotter than innerspring products. However, if interested in a memory foam bed, look for a product with cooling capabilities — such as gel-infused foam — which helps regulate your body temperature and pushes hot air away from your body.
- Off-gassing: Memory foam mattresses tend to have a chemical-like smell. This smell can last several days or even weeks. If considering a memory foam mattress, you may need to air out the mattress before using it.
- Warranty: Most mattresses include a 10-year manufacturer warranty. This is the average length of time most companies cover their mattresses. Some of the best products are covered for 25 years or longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long until I can sleep on the Voila after I unbox it?
It takes approximately two to four hours for the mattress to fully expand after unboxing it.
Q: Should I regularly flip this mattress?
No, the mattress is designed with a specific top and bottom layer. However, you should frequently rotate it 180 degrees to prevent any permanent body indentations.
Q: How is the mattress delivered?
The mattress is shipped in a box right to your door. However, keep in mind these mattresses are heavy and may require more than one individual when unboxing them.
Q: Do I have to pay for shipping?
Shipping is free unless you choose to expedite your order or you purchase the mattress during peak seasons — such as around the holidays.
The Voila mattress is ideal for most average to lightweight sleepers. The three firmness options let you enjoy this mattress no matter your sleeping position or firmness preference.
Unfortunately, the Voila is not a thick mattress so heavier individuals won’t receive the full support they need from this product.
This hybrid mattress provides plenty of bounce and cool nights thanks to its innerspring design as well as an ample amount of comfort and pressure relief from its foam properties.
This is a more expensive mattress so you will pay more than similar products, but its durability and high-quality materials make it well worth your consideration.