The Zinus Green Tea 10-inch mattress and the Lucid Gel Memory Foam 10-inch mattress are in the same price category, but have a few key differences.
The Zinus bed is infused with castor seed oil and green tea extract, to keep the bed fresh and protect it from bacteria. The Lucid mattress has a simple, two-layer design with gel-infused foam. We’ll cover some more stand-out features of each bed, so you can choose the best option for you.
4 Reasons To Pick The Lucid or Zinus Mattress:
Just in case you’re in a hurry, here are four quick reasons to choose either the Zinus or the Lucid mattress.
Pick The Zinus Mattress If:
Last update on 2022-10-13 at 17:21 - More InfoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product." / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- You’re craving pressure relief: The Zinus Green Tea mattress, like other memory foam beds, provides a pleasant sinking sensation. It’s slow responding and contours to your body to relieve pressure. You’ll feel cradled by the mattress and some users report that it helped with their hip and back pain.
- You share your bed with a partner: The Zinus Green Tea mattress is a 6 out of 10 when it comes to firmness, which makes it suitable for a wide range of sleepers. You and your partner should both find it comfortably supportive. The bed is also great at absorbing motion, so you won’t disturb each other when you move around at night.
- You want a highly-rated mattress: The Zinus Green Tea mattress has thousands of reviews on Amazon and a very positive rating, overall. If you feel more comfortable choosing a product that has a positive track record with customers, it could be a good pick for you.
- You want a budget-friendly bed: If price is one of your main concerns when mattress shopping, you’ll like Zinus. Their 10-inch memory foam mattress costs just $278 for a Queen. This is an exceptional price for a memory foam mattress.
Pick The Lucid Mattress If:
Last update on 2022-10-14 at 14:23 - More InfoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product." / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- You’re a hot sleeper: Memory foam tends to get hotter than other mattress materials, but customers report that the Lucid mattress sleeps cool for a foam bed. It has a breathable design that encourages airflow while you sleep.
- You want edge support: Most all-foam beds have fairly weak edge support, which can make it more of a struggle to get out of bed. But the Lucid mattress has sturdy edges for a memory foam mattress. This gives the bed more of a usable surface area and prevents you from feeling like you’re going to roll off the mattress.
- You want a machine-washable cover: Many mattresses have covers that can only be spot cleaned or don’t come off for washing. The Lucid 10-inch mattress, on the other hand, has a removable cover that can be machine washed.
- You’re a back pain sufferer: Back pain is, unfortunately, a very common issue in the United States. If you’re one of the many sufferers, choosing a mattress that will help your back feel better is essential. Users report that the Lucid mattress helps with lower back pain, due to its contouring effects.
The Zinus Green Tea mattress has a knitted Jacquard cover with a stretchy, breathable design. In the 10-inch model, the bed starts with a 2-inch inch layer of proprietary foam that contours to the body for pressure relief.
Next is a 2-inch layer that regulates temperature with its egg-carton shaped construction. Last is the dense, supportive foundation, which is 5.5-inches thick and gives the bed a sturdy feel.
The Lucid mattress has a removable, breathable cover, followed by a 2.5-inch gel-infused top layer. This foam has an open-cell structure and cooling gel beads that work to disperse heat as you sleep.
The foundation is a 7.5-inch layer of dense foam that gives the bed its shape and prevents you from sinking too far into the bed.
Firmness And Support
The Zinus Green Tea mattress comes in four different heights: 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch. The 6-inch option is the firmest and each successive height option gets softer.
In this review, we’ll be focusing on the 10-inch model since that suits the widest range of sleep positions and body types.
This model is about a 6 out of 10 when it comes to firmness, which can comfortably support stomach, back, and side sleepers. Even heavy sleepers up to 300 pounds report that the Green Tea 10-inch bed supports them well.
The Zinus Green Tea bed doesn’t have the most supportive edges, so this is worth keeping in mind if you have mobility issues.
The Lucid mattress has a simple, two-layer design, as mentioned. It’s slightly firmer than the Zinus, with a 6.5 out of 10 firmness level, which comfortably supports all sleep positions. Heavy sleepers report that the Lucid mattress is firm enough to provide them with the support they need.
Some customers stated that their bed felt firm when it first arrived but softened up and got more comfortable after a couple of weeks. Break-in periods aren’t unusual for memory foam beds.
When it comes to support, Lucid does a better job than Zinus, due to its sturdy edges. But both beds should work well for heavy sleepers, based on user reviews.
Motion Transfer And Sinkage
Memory foam mattresses are the top of the line when it comes to absorbing motion. This is a must-have feature for couples, as it prevents motion vibrations from traveling through the bed.
The Zinus Green Tea mattress is reported to absorb motion well. It provides cradling pressure relief and sinkage, due to the top layer of memory foam.
You should only select the Zinus Green Tea bed if you want to feel hugged by your mattress. The supportive and dense foundation prevents you from feeling stuck in the bed.
The Lucid 10-inch gel mattress is also reported to absorb motion very well, making it a great choice for couples. Like the Zinus bed, it creates a fair amount of sinkage for a cradling feeling and pressure relief. And, like the Zinus bed, the firm, supportive base on the Lucid mattress prevents you from sinking in too far.
Both the Zinus and the Lucid mattresses excel at absorbing motion and provide a similar amount of sinkage. We consider them tied in these categories. It’s also worth noting that both beds are slow-responding, to create the signature melt of memory foam. Neither bed is bouncy.
While memory foam does well at absorbing motion and providing pressure relief, it tends to collect heat more than other materials. Let’s look at how each of these beds holds up in this category.
The Zinus Green Tea mattress sleeps fairly cool for a memory foam bed and most users don’t complain about getting too hot. There are some reviews that state the bed sleeps hot, though. So, if you consistently overheat in your sleep, you may want to look into the Zinus Cooling Gel bed, instead.
The Lucid mattress has a breathable surface, due to its open-cell foam with cooling gel beads. There aren’t many complaints about hot sleeping with this bed, overall, so we consider it the safer bet for cool sleeping compared to Zinus.
Sleep Position And Body Type
Not all mattresses are equally suitable for all sleepers. Let’s look at how the Zinus Green Tea mattress and the Lucid mattress fare in this category.
The Zinus Green Tea mattress is comfortable for back sleepers, due to how the top layer contours to the lower back in this position. Side sleepers should appreciate the way the proprietary foam relieves pressure in their body and cushions their hips and shoulders.
Stomach sleepers will feel comfortable, as long as they’re a bit lighter than average. Heavier stomach sleepers might sink too far into the bed for proper alignment and may need the firmer 8-inch model, instead.
Since the bed does create a melting, cradling feeling, people who move around a lot in their sleep may also want to select the firmer model. As mentioned, the Zinus Green Tea bed is reported to support heavy sleepers well.
The Lucid 10-Inch mattress offers even weight distribution for back sleepers. Side sleepers should notice that the top layer of the bed contours to the hips and shoulders to prevent uncomfortable pressure points.
As mentioned with the Zinus bed, stomach sleepers may want to select a firmer mattress than the Lucid 10-inch bed, unless they don’t weigh much. The Lucid 10-inch mattress is rated well by heavy sleepers.
Sleep Trial And Warranty
The Zinus Green Tea mattress comes with a 100-night sleep trial period. Unlike other mattresses, it doesn’t have a minimum break-in period of 30 days. You can return the bed any time within the 100 nights.
In order to return the bed, it must be in good condition and you must have proof of purchase to show Zinus. The bed also comes with a 10-year warranty, which will become void if you use a heating pad or electric blanket with the mattress.
The Lucid mattress comes with a 30-night sleep trial without a break-in period. You can return the bed at any time during that 30 days for a refund or exchange. Whether you buy the bed from Amazon or Lucid, the bed will have a 30-day sleep trial.
The Lucid mattress, like the Zinus Green Tea bed, comes with a 10-year warranty. Using the Lucid mattress on the wrong support system will void the warranty, so make sure you read it carefully.
When it comes to the sleep trial, Zinus definitely wins, but the two brands are evenly matched for the warranty.
Both the Zinus Green Tea mattress and the Lucid 10-inch Gel bed are extremely affordable and good for couples. They both provide sinking pressure relief and are reported to help with body pain.
The Lucid 10-Inch mattress has sturdier edges than the Zinus Green Tea bed, so it may be a better choice for people with arthritis or other mobility issues.
But, overall, we prefer the Zinus Green Tea mattress because it has far more reviews than the Lucid bed and is $100 cheaper. It’s comfortable in all sleep positions (though stomach sleepers may want the firmer version) and supportive enough for heavy people.