The Endy is a popular Canadian-made memory foam mattress that is expanding and gaining popularity in the United States. It is labeled a medium-firm mattress, with a firmness score of 5/10.
Many customers report this mattress provides plenty of support and cushion but when compared to other memory foam mattresses, it is much softer.
Users who need or want a firmer mattress — such as stomach sleepers — will find this product to be uncomfortable. To keep your body cool and avoid sweltering nights, the top layer of this mattress is infused with a cooling gel.
Additionally, it offers excellent motion isolation so excessive movement from your partner or animals won’t wake you up. Overall, for side sleepers and those who prefer a softer feel, the Endy mattress is a worthy choice.
Pros of the Endy Mattress
- Excellent motion isolation
- 100-night trial period
- Sleep cool throughout the night
- Free Shipping
- CertiPUR-US® certified
Cons of the Endy Mattress
- Too soft for stomach sleepers
- Slow Response
You Might Want to Pick the Endy if:
- You are a side sleeper: The softer design of this mattress allows side sleepers to sink into the mattress, and it more easily accommodates the body’s natural curves. Stomach sleepers will have a hard time with the Endy as they need a firmer product, something that allows their body to stay on top of the mattress.
- You want plenty of time to test the mattress: The Endy includes a 100-night trial period. Your body can take several nights — even up to a month — to fully adjust to a new mattress. This long trial period gives you time to fully test the product and make sure you sleep comfortably before making any final decisions. If you aren’t satisfied by the end of your 100 days, you can return the product and receive a full refund.
- You need a cooler mattress: The gel-infused top layer keeps the mattress cool, helping you stay comfortable all night long. Heat doesn’t become trapped around your body, disrupting your sleep and waking you up.
- You sleep with a partner: Movements from your partner or animals can wake you up and disrupt your sleep cycles. The Endy provides excellent motion isolation so you will feel very little, even despite your partner’s constant wiggles.
What to Look for In a Mattress
Firmness: Look for a mattress that provides the support you need for your favorite sleeping position. Stomach sleepers need a firmer mattress, which lets them stay afloat on the mattress. While back sleepers need a medium-firm mattress, which offers plenty of support, yet, some cushion to support their spine. Side sleepers should look at softer mattresses, allowing them to sink into the product.
Construction: Memory foam mattresses mold around your body and help distribute weight to the body’s stronger joints. Look for mattresses that offer varying types of foam layers, including a thick base layer.
Temperature Regulation: Memory foam mattresses can trap heat around your body. The best products offer temperature cooling features — such as a gel-infused foam layer — which disperses that heat and keeps your body cool and comfortable throughout the entire night.
Durability: A good mattress should last a minimum of eight years. Consider the quality of materials used in the mattress to determine if it can hold up to extensive use. Additionally, read through numerous customer reviews to determine whether the mattress can stand up to normal wear and tear, and its durability is not just a marketing ploy.
Warranty: Look for manufacturer warranties that are 10 years or longer. This is the average length of time many memory foam mattresses are covered under warranty. Before purchasing the mattress, read through the warranty as many policies include several exclusions that will void the warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Endy Mattress
What type of bed frame is compatible with the Endy mattress?
Endy will work with any solid foundation including box springs, slatted frames and even the floor.
How do I clean the Endy?
If you need to clean the mattress, use a mild detergent and water. The mattress cover can be removed and washed in a washing machine if needed. It is recommended to use a mattress cover with this product as an extra layer of protection.
How long until I can sleep on the Endy?
After unboxing the Endy, it takes only a few hours before you can lay on the mattress. However, it can take several days — even up to a week — before the mattress is fully expanded and provides its full support.
Do I need to regularly flip or rotate the mattress?
You should not flip the Endy. Its three foam layers are designed so the thickest layer should always remain on the bottom. However, it is recommended to rotate the mattress every six months to prevent creating permanent body indentations in the mattress.
The Endy is an excellent option for side sleepers, but stomach sleepers who need a firm mattress should stay away. Its gel-infused top layer ensures cooler nights and the 100-night trial period guarantees that you’ll love this mattress before it is permanently yours.
The Endy is also an excellent option for those who constantly sleep with a partner and don’t want to feel their movements in the night. Overall, if a soft memory foam mattress is your dream, along with cool nights, three-layer construction and a long trial period, the Endy may be the mattress you are looking for.
The Endy is an excellent option for side sleepers, but stomach sleepers who need a firm mattress should stay away.