As a stomach sleeper, your torso carries most of your body’s weight, when sleeping. Without the correct mattress to evenly distribute your weight, this can lead to pain and tension in your back or hips. Stomach sleepers will benefit from mattresses that are medium-firm, firm, or medium. This article will explore the best choices for sleeping on your front side.
QUICK LINKS: 5 Top Best Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
- Best For Combination Stomach Sleepers: The WinkBeds Luxury Firm Mattress
- The Best Choice For Couples: The Casper Mattress
- The Best Luxury Choice: The Zenhaven Mattress
- The Best For Hot Sleepers: The Loom And Leaf Firm Mattress
- The Best Budget Option: The Love & Sleep Firm Mattress
#1 Best for Combination Stomach Sleepers: The WinkBeds Luxury Firm Mattress
Why We Like It:
- It provides a cool sleeping experience
- It has a coil system for spinal alignment
- It’s layered for extra support
- Easy to set up
- Good edge support
This hybrid Mattress by WinkBeds offers both strong support and a fast, responsive bounce. You can expect American-made quality with this brand as each Luxury Firm mattress is made and shipped from Wisconsin. As a hybrid product, this sleeping surface is somewhere in the middle, in terms of firmness.
You Might Want To Pick The WinkBeds Luxury Firm Mattress If:
- You move around a lot in your sleep: This bed has a deep bounce that helps you reposition easily. If you sleep not only on your stomach but also on your side or back, this could be a good choice.
- You need spinal alignment: The WinkBeds hybrid mattress distributes your weight evenly and helps to keep your spine straight as you sleep. If you suffer from spinal discomfort throughout the day, this might be the solution you need.
- You tend to sleep hot: This mattress offers great airflow with its separate coil units. If you sleep hot at night, this will help to keep you cool and comfortable. You can also opt for a coolControl base by WinkBeds if you want extra customizable comfort choices.
- You aren’t overly concerned with motion: Although this mattress does isolate motion fairly well, it doesn’t compare to some other beds in this regard. However, if you’re a heavy sleeper or don’t have a partner, this shouldn’t concern you.
The WinkBeds Luxury Firm Mattress is our choice for combination stomach sleepers because it doesn’t make you feel stuck in place when you move around at night. Let’s look closer at the construction and materials of this mattress, below.
The top layer of this mattress is a fast-responding foam that contours to your body. Next, there’s an inch-thick layer of gel foam to relieve pressure. It also reduces heat and helps distribute your weight evenly across the bed.
Next, there are two coil layers for airflow, stability, and alignment. These are followed by more foam to support the coils and provide strong edge support.
The Luxury Firm model has a luxurious, plush top that feels nice and soft. It’s firm enough to support your body without much sinkage, but it’s somewhere in the middle of the firmness scale. WinkBeds also has a softer and a firmer option available.
Compared to other foam or hybrid designs, this mattress doesn’t have much of a sinking feeling. Instead, it contours to your unique curves and relieves pressure with even weight distribution. Since the WinkBed is a hybrid mattress, it has multiple layers of both coils and foam. These combined are quite effective at motion isolation, although, as stated earlier, it won’t do as well as straight memory foam.
The mattress cover is made from sustainable wood pulp textile, which is eco-friendly and keeps you cool. The foams used in the Luxury Firm mattress are all mostly free from heavy metals and harmful chemicals.
The mattress has a 10-year product warranty and a sleep trial period of 101 days. After this period, you may get a full refund if you aren’t satisfied.
The Luxury Firm Mattress is the best-selling option from WinkBeds. It allows you to sleep more on top of the mattress rather than sinking into, promoting air circulation. It’s also versatile when it comes to sleeping positions and comfort, making it good for partners with different sleep preferences.
#2 The Best Choice for Couples: The Casper Mattress
Last update on 2021-01-27 at 18:43 - More InfoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product." / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why We Like It:
- Works for many sleeping positions
- It’s breathable
- Keeps the spine aligned
- 10-year warranty
- Absorbs movement well
The Casper Mattress has an all-foam construction with a medium-firm feel. The design should be great for stomach sleepers because it offers support in the hip area. This bed was designed to align your spine and cushion your other body parts, for comfort. It comes compressed in a box and ships right to your front door when you order.
You Might Want To Pick The Casper Mattress If:
- You prefer not to sleep on coils: Some people prefer the innerspring feeling in their mattress. But, if you tend to dislike that bouncy sensation and would rather have a solid foam bed, the Casper could be your best choice.
- You like the quick response feeling: This mattress responds quickly to movement. This is because of the materials used in the base and transition layers, which we will describe in more detail shortly.
- You value versatility in your mattress: Maybe you sleep with a partner who has a different sleeping position than you. Or, maybe you simply like to move around a lot in your sleep. Either way, if you value versatility in your sleeping surface, the alignment of the Casper Mattress offers a good surface for many positions.
- You need a breathable bed: Even though it’s made from memory foam, which tends to feel hot, the Casper Mattress uses breathable materials. This, in combination with the specially designed layering of the foams used, creates a cool sleeping experience.
The Casper is our choice for couples because of the responsiveness of its top layer. Even though it’s an all-foam design, you won’t feel stuck when you need to flip over or move around in bed. And, the soft surface does a great job absorbing motion, so your partner won’t disturb you if they get up in the night. Let’s look a little closer at the materials used.
The top layer of the Casper Mattress is there for breathability and a bit of bounce, achieved with a 1.5-inch layer of open-cell foam. Open-cell foam simply means that more air can pass through the foam, so it traps less heat. The next layer is a higher-density foam that isolates motion and offers pressure relief. Next are the transition layer and the dense mattress foundation.
The Casper Mattress is in the middle of the road in terms of firmness. It’s softer than a coil mattress but fairly firm for an all-foam design. There’s an average level of bounce, but the foam still does well with absorbing shock like most other memory foam mattresses. The Casper gives the feeling of sleeping on top of the bed, instead of sinking into it.
The materials used in the Casper Mattress are all CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they don’t use heavy metals, formaldehyde, or ozone-depleting compounds. Casper allows you to test the mattress for 100 days and will come to pick it up for you if you aren’t satisfied. The product also has a 10-year warranty.
All in all, the Casper Mattress should work great for stomach sleepers because it keeps your hips supported and your spine aligned. In addition, it fits a wide range of body weights and types and many different sleeping positions.
#3 The Best Luxury Choice: The Zenhaven Mattress
Why We Like It:
- It uses natural materials
- It helps regulate body temperature
- It’s made with hypoallergenic latex
- It’s flippable for variety
- It has good edge support
The Zenhaven Mattress is distinct from most other mattresses in that it’s basically two sleeping surfaces in one that you can alternate between. Since the mattress is so heavy, the company will actually send someone over to help you flip it for free. This mattress should work with your existing foundation, as long as it’s in good condition.
You Might Want To Pick The Zenhaven Mattress If:
- You prefer latex mattresses: The Zenhaven Mattress combines organic cotton, natural wool, and natural latex in its construction. This makes it both cooler and more responsive than all-foam designs.
- You are prone to allergies: This mattress uses Talalay latex, which is resistant to dust mites, microbes, and mold. Since dust mite allergies are fairly common, this could be a good insurance against them if you are allergic.
- A long warranty is important to you: Zenhaven offers a 20-year warranty, which is longer than many other brands. If a long warranty period matters to you, this could be a good choice.
- You aren’t sure which type of mattress you like: This mattress helps you find your perfect sleeping preference, as it has two firmness levels. If you aren’t satisfied with the firmer side, just flip it over to the softer side.
The durable, all-natural latex used in the construction of the Zenhaven mattress makes it strong and sturdy. It’s built to last longer than all other types of latex. One on side, you have the Gentle Firm option, crafted with a layer of New Zealand organic wool. This creates a moisture-wicking barrier and helps regulate body temperature. On the other side is the Luxury Plush option, which is softer.
This bed doesn’t create that “sinking in” feeling that other mattresses do. Given the slight bounce of the latex material, you can easily reposition your body as you sleep. Stomach sleepers will likely prefer the Gentle Firm side of this mattress, as it supports the hips well. But both sides can work for those who like sleeping on their front.
Latex is no match for memory foam in terms of motion transfer, but the Zenhaven mattress absorbs disturbance well for its materials. There is some bounce, but disturbances are only transferred minimally. This means you won’t bother your partner too much at night if you move around.
Not all of the materials used in the mattress are 100 percent natural, but it does use natural materials throughout. This includes organic cotton and the Talalay latex mentioned earlier.
Zenhaven gives you 120 days to decide whether you like this mattress. If you do return it, you will have to pay the ($99) transport fee, but you will get a full refund. This fee is a slight downside, but the unusually long 20-year warranty should make up for it.
Overall, the Zenhaven mattress should be a good choice if you can afford to splurge a bit on your mattress. Stomach sleepers should find the bouncy feel of the latex suitable for their sleeping posture. But, even if you like to sleep in different positions, this bed should give you what you need.
#4 The Best for Hot Sleepers: The Loom and Leaf Firm Mattress
Why We Like It:
- It uses cooling gel layers
- It contours to your body shape
- It cushions your pressure points
- It has an organic cotton cover
- It is soft, yet supportive
The Loom & Leaf Firm Mattress is good for stomach sleepers because it uses Visco-elastic memory foam. This material is not only durable but also provides support and contouring for your body’s curves. Unlike other beds, there aren’t any off-gassing concerns with this choice.
You Might Want To Pick The Loom & Leaf Mattress If:
- Your pressure points need a break: This mattress uses durable layers of memory foam that take the load of your pressure points. If you often wake up sore with your current bed, this mattress could be the solution you need.
- You crave a cool sleeping experience: The Loom & Leaf uses an egg crate-style structure, gel-swirl foam, and a gel panel. All of these combine to create a super cool sleeping experience.
- You want an all-foam mattress: This choice is different than an innerspring mattress, which relies on coils for its construction. Instead, the Loom & Leaf Mattress is made from various foam layers.
- You need help with installation: This company offers White Glove Delivery Service. This means they have professionals available to help you set your mattress up after delivery.
The top layer of the Loom & Leaf is gel-swirl memory foam that improves airflow through the way it’s shaped. Attached to this is the patented Spine-Zone Gel, a cooling substance that also helps with spinal alignment. Next is the Visco-elastic layer for durability and support, followed by two dense foundational layers.
Though it’s memory foam, the Loom & Leaf mattress doesn’t make you sink too far into it. It has a soft surface that cradles your body, but the Firm option mattress also offers plenty of support. This is important for stomach sleepers so their hips don’t sink in too far and cause aches or misalignment. As with most other foam mattresses, this option does well with absorbing motion.
The mattress is made with sustainable, USA-sourced materials and uses a natural, thistle-based flame retardant, instead of harsh chemicals. You have 120 days to try the mattress and, if you need to return it, there’s only a small transport fee. The mattress also has a 15-year warranty.
The Loom & Leaf supports your body with soft comfort but doesn’t make you feel trapped. It’s a luxurious, breathable mattress that won’t break the bank and it won’t come compressed in a box, so setup is easier. For stomach sleepers who also tend to sweat in their sleep, this could be a great fit.
#5 The Best Budget Option: The Love & Sleep Firm Mattress
Why We Like It:
- It’s very affordable
- It uses a memory/latex foam blend
- It relieves pressure
- It has all-organic materials
- It has a lifetime warranty
The Love & Sleep Firm mattress is an all-foam sleeping surface backed by a lifetime warranty. Made in a family-owned factory, this mattress uses multiple levels of comfort and cooling technology. If you already have an adjustable base, this will fit with it.
You Might Want To Pick The Love & Sleep Firm Mattress If:
- You need edge support on your mattress: Even though it’s made from foam, the Love & Sleep Firm mattress provides decent edge support. You can comfortably shift positions in the night without worrying about falling out of bed.
- You sleep with a pet or partner: Like most other beds with a similar construction, the Love & Sleep mattress absorbs motion very well. This makes it suitable for people who sleep with a rambunctious dog or a partner who moves around a lot.
- You need an affordable option: If you’re on a tight budget, you’ll likely be relieved when you see how much this mattress costs. There aren’t many other similar products that offer a lifetime warranty, environmental certifications, and comfort layers for this price level.
- You like a quick response in your sleeping surface: The Love & Sleep Firm mattress is made using Energex foam, which combines latex and memory foams. This makes it both soft and quick to respond to pressure.
Stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on a firm surface that still cushions their pressure points. Next, we’ll look closer at the materials used in this mattress to see how it does in that area.
The top, comfort layer of the Love & Sleep is the previously mentioned Energex foam. If latex is too bouncy for you, but memory foam is too soft, this could be a good middle ground. The next layer is poly-foam, which provides a firmer feel below the comfort layer and promotes airflow. Next, we have a 6-inch layer of dense foam that gives the mattress its durable shape and structure.
While some mattresses are slow to regain their shape after you press your hand into them, this one responds more quickly. The firm (yet soft) surface is designed to give the sleeper pressure relief without trapping them in the mattress. Since it does have a bouncy feel from the latex, you’d expect it to be less-than-perfect with motion transfer. But the foam in the comfort layer construction does well with absorbing disturbance.
The sinkage on the Love & Sleep Firm mattress is very minimal. If you prefer your mattress to hug your body a bit, you may find this one slightly lacking. However, if you like more of a bouncy surface that you lie on top of rather than sink into, this could fit your preferences.
This mattress is made from all-organic materials, so if eco-friendliness is a concern for you, this is a plus. It comes with a 100-night sleep trial period and the lifetime warranty we mentioned before.
This mattress has a breathable cover that helps keep you cool while you sleep and works well for a tight budget. If you’re a stomach sleeper who doesn’t have a lot to spend and wants a bouncy, firm surface, this might be your best bet.