If you find yourself struggling to get comfortable, or are suffering with lower back pain and other issues while pregnant, you may find that a new mattress could really help take some stress off your body.
Below, we’ve reviewed some of the best mattresses for pregnancy, taking cooling properties, support, motion transfer, comfort, and more into account.
QUICK LINKS: 5 Best-Rated Mattresses for Pregnancy
Full Reviews further down.
- Best Luxury Mattress for Pregnancy : Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm Mattress
- Best Value for Money Mattress for Pregnancy : Nectar Mattress
- Best Mattress for Minimal Motion Transfer for Pregnancy : Tempur-Cloud Supreme Breeze
Best Adjustable Bed for Pregnancy : Amerisleep AS3 Adjustable Bed Mattress
- Best Cooling Mattress for Pregnancy: Layla Mattress
#1 Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm Mattress : Best Luxury Mattress For Pregnancy
Why we like it:
- Eco-friendly memory foam
- Infused with cooling gel
- Ultra-luxury design and feel
- 120-night sleep trial period
- Compatible with both adjustable and traditional bed bases
The Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm memory foam mattress is described as an ultra-luxury mattress with premium, eco-friendly foam constructed in four layers for optimum support and body cooling. If you want to be truly pampered throughout your pregnancy, this high-end option may provide you with exactly what you’re looking for.
You Might Want To Pick The Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm Mattress If:
- You want cooling memory foam: The Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm mattress features a breathable cotton top layer, followed by a second layer of Spinal Zone Gel foam, designed to keep the body comfortable and cool.
- You require a lot of back support while sleeping: As well as having excellent cooling properties, the Spinal Zone Gel memory foam layer in the Loom & Leaf Relaxed firm mattress provides optimal spinal support, with the core layer of 5lb premium memory foam in the mattress guaranteeing a supportive sleep environment.
- You want an eco-friendly mattress: The Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm mattress is made from eco-friendly foams, sourced and manufactured in the USA. Additionally, the mattress cover is also treated with a Guardin® botanical antimicrobial fabric treatment that inhibits bacteria and helps to prolong the life of your mattress.
- You might want to use the mattress with an adjustable base: Another great feature of the Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm mattress is that it can be used with both adjustable and traditional bases. Adjustable beds can be extremely helpful for pregnant women who prefer to sleep with their torso elevated, so having both options can come in handy.
Let’s start by breaking down the four layers of premium memory foam that make up the construction of the Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm mattress. It’s worth noting that Loom & Leaf have the option of a ‘Firm’ mattress, or a ‘Relaxed Firm’ mattress, as we’re recommending here.
The Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm mattress is about 15-20 percent less firm than the Firm mattress, making it more suited to side sleepers who need a softer, more comfortable surface when sleeping. This is constructed simply using less dense foam in the transition loft layer for a softer feel.
At the bottom of the Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm mattress, we have a dual layer of support foam, which is then topped by the 5lb memory foam layer designed to provide excellent cooling and support to the body.
The Loom & Leaf mattress then features the two inch thick transition loft layer to achieve the desired firmness of the mattress, and then a layer of Spinal Zone Gel which is created with a cooling gel that helps to keep the body cool and comfortable, while also providing optimal spinal support.
This layer can be beneficial to pregnant women who require additional back support when sleeping. The top layer is a breathable, quilted cotton fabric with a natural thistle flame retardant to keep you cool, comfortable and safe.
The Relaxed Firm option of the Loom & Leaf mattress is described as having a just-right level of firmness: neither too soft, nor too firm. It is ideally suited to side sleepers, but is just as comfortable for back or front sleepers, or those who tend to change sleep positions throughout the night. As pregnant women are recommended to sleep on their sides, this is a useful feature.
Sourced and handcrafted in the USA, the Loom & Leaf mattress is constructed from eco-friendly foams that use renewable oils in the manufacturing process to greatly reduce greenhouse gases produced.
What’s more, the Guardin® botanical antimicrobial fabric treatment helps to inhibit bacteria on the cover for a hygienic, odour-free sleep environment. The mattress comes with a 120-night sleep trial, so you can test the mattress and its properties before committing to buying it.
What’s more, the Loom & Leaf mattress comes with free white-glove delivery for a super easy installation as this mattress can’t be compressed into a box for delivery.Overall, the Loom & Leaf is a high-end mattress that has excellent cooling and supportive features.
Providing great spinal support and pressure relief for side sleepers, this mattress is a fantastic luxury option to keep you comfortable and cool throughout your pregnancy.
#2 Nectar Mattress : Best Value for Money Mattress for Pregnancy
Why we like it:
- Great value for money
- Gel memory foam offers cooling, contouring support
- Forever warranty
- 365-night sleep trial
The Nectar mattress offers excellent value for money and provides the perfect elements of a cooling, soft, and supportive memory foam mattress for a comfortable night’s sleep throughout your pregnancy.
Combing both support and a good amount of bounce, this mattress is a great all-rounder that won’t break the bank.
You Might Want To Pick The Nectar Mattress If:
- You want a high-quality, budget mattress: The Nectar mattress comes with a reasonable price tag, but still retains the high-quality features of a supportive, soft memory foam mattress with enough bounce to provide a comfortable and restful night’s sleep.
- You tend to sleep hot: Featuring a Tencel cooling cover and quilted gel memory foam, the Nectar mattress is great at providing increased air circulation and wicking heat away from the mattress while you sleep.
- Contouring, firm support is a must: Many pregnant women suffer from aches and discomfort in the back, shoulders, and neck throughout the day, so the Nectar mattress has the additional bonus of a gel memory foam layer, designed to contour to your body and provide support and pressure relief evenly across the body while you sleep, leaving you well-rested and refreshed in the morning.
- You want to test before you buy: This mattress comes with a 365-night sleep trial period, giving you an entire year to decide if you like the feel of the mattress before you need to commit to buying it.
The Nectar mattress is constructed from five different layers of memory foam: a breathable base layer, a layer of adaptive hi-core memory foam to support the body, a layer of gel memory foam for cooling and even weight distribution, a quilted gel memory foam layer to contour to the body and increase air circulation, and finally, a Tencel cooling cover to provide a comfortable surface that helps to wick excess heat away from the body.
The five layers combine to form a medium-firm memory foam mattress that still has a fair amount of bounce to it, making it just as comfortable as it is supportive. The Nectar provides good pressure relief and support for your back, shoulders, and hips, making it an ideal mattress choice for both during your pregnancy and afterwards.
This mattress is also CertiPUR-US® certified, which means it is manufactured without using dangerous levels of ozone depleters, mercury, lead, TDCPP, or PBDEs. If having an eco-friendly mattress made with minimal toxic materials is a priority for you, this is a good option.
What’s more, the Tencel cover not only wicks away body heat for a more hygienic sleeping environment, it is also bed bug resistant.With a 365-day sleep trial period, this mattress is ideal for expecting mothers who are not sure what mattress will best suit their changing needs.
The Nectar mattress also comes with a ‘Forever Warranty’, so despite the budget-friendly price tag, the quality of this mattress speaks for itself.
#3 Tempur-Cloud Supreme Breeze : Best Mattress for Minimal Motion Transfer for Pregnancy
Why we like it:
- Infused with PureCool™ for cooling comfort
- TEMPUR® material helps to distribute body weight and repel heat from the mattress
- 10-year warranty
- Extra-soft TEMPUR-ES® material for a soft, pillowy feel
The Tempur-Cloud Supreme Breeze mattress is the most luxurious mattress featured on this list and it has a price tag to match, but it comes some fantastic features to keep you comfortable and supported throughout your pregnancy.
Offering minimal motion transfer, excellent cooling, and a soft but supportive feel, this mattress has it all.
You Might Want To Pick The Tempur-Cloud Supreme Breeze Mattress If:
- You want a high-end, quality memory foam mattress : The Tempur-Pedic range is in the top range of high-end memory foam mattresses, offering premium memory foam in four different layers for the perfect balance of cooling, support, and comfort.
- You’re a hot sleeper: The Cloud Breeze is infused with Tempur-Pedic’s signature PureCool™, designed to draw away excess heat from the body.
- You require pressure relief and support while sleeping: TEMPUR® material is known for adapting to the body, helping to distribute weight and provide pressure relief and support where needed – perfect for easing an aching back.
- You want a soft but supportive mattress : The Tempur-Cloud mattress is a little more on the soft side than it is firm, giving the mattress a pillowy softness that ensures you stay comfortable, even as your body is supported by the memory foam.
The Tempur-Cloud mattress is constructed with cooling, comfort, and support in mind, with each of its four layers adding a unique function to the way the mattress works. The bottom layer provides a supportive, firm base for the rest of the foam, and will also help to disperse body heat from the mattress.
The next layer is an ultra-breathable TEMPUR-Climate™ layer to provide support, distribute body weight, and also help to channel heat through the mattress. The final two layers consist of a comfort layer infused with PureCool™ for cooling comfort, topped with a lightweight cover that is breathable, comfortable, and provides a soft sleep surface.
Overall, the Tempur-Cloud Supreme is a medium-firm mattress that will adapt to support the weight of your body, while still providing a soft surface that will keep you cool throughout the night.
If you are looking for a supportive memory foam mattress that provides pressure relief throughout pregnancy without causing you to sink into the mattress, this mattress ticks all the boxes.
The Tempur-Cloud also comes with excellent motion isolation, leaving your partner undisturbed, even if you’re getting in and out of bed all night or moving around to get comfortable.
If you find yourself often woken by your partner (or vice versa), a mattress with minimal motion transfer is a must!
The mattress also comes with a 90-day sleep trial period, after which point you can send the mattress back if you don’t love it, and it also has a 10-year warranty.
While Tempur-Pedic mattresses are known for their premium price tag, they do offer unparalleled body contouring and motion transfer prevention. This mattress is also perfect for side-sleepers, which is ideal for expecting mothers!
#4 Amerisleep AS3 Adjustable Bed Mattress : Best Adjustable Bed for Pregnancy
Why we like it:
- Excellent balance of support and softness
- Touch remote on adjustable base for easy maneuverability
- Suitable for individuals and couples with different sleep styles
- Eco-friendly Bio-Pur™ foam
Adjustable mattresses are so useful for getting in and out of bed during the third trimester of your pregnancy, and can also be helpful for propping your feet up above your head for a few hours a day, to improve blood flow. This Amerisleep AS3 mattress is a great adjustable bed with a comfortable, supportive mattress that has minimal motion transfer.
You Might Want To Pick The AmerisleepMattress If:
- You want an adjustable base: Pregnant women are all too familiar with how difficult it can be to move around in the later stages of pregnancy, so having an adjustable bed that can change elevation and position at the touch of a button can be a huge help when getting in and out of bed.
- You and your partner have different sleep styles: The Amerisleep AS3 Split King is perfect for couples with completely different sleep styles, as the split mattress allows you to change your preferences without affecting the sleep of your partner.
- You want a soft but supportive mattress: The AS3 is an extremely versatile mattress, blending softness and support to provide a comfortable surface that relieves pressure without any sinkage.
- You want an eco-friendly mattress: Amerisleep mattresses are manufactured using plant-based materials that use less petroleum. These mattresses are therefore far more eco-friendly than traditional memory foam, which is a huge bonus.
The Amerisleep AS3 has four layers of memory foam: a sag-free base layer, a soft layer for optimal comfort, a breathable cooling layer made with Bio-Pur™ foam, and a high-performance Celliant® cover.
The cover is made with 13 different thermoreactive minerals that help to improve the cooling capabilities of the mattress which, combined with the breathable Bio-Pur™ layer that helps to wick away sweat, helps the Amerisleep AS3 keep you cool and comfortable all night.
The Amerisleep Bio-Pur™ memory foam is created with an open-cell structure designed to wick away heat to keep you cool and comfortable – Amerisleep claim that their foam is actually five times more breathable than traditional memory foam.
Amerisleep makes mattresses in a range of firmness levels and the AS3 is described as the brand’s most versatile model, with a medium level of firmness. It blends softness and support to make it the perfect mattress for people who frequently change positions in the nights – or for couples who prefer different sleep positions.
This can be highly beneficial to you as a pregnant woman, as your sleep preferences will likely change during and after your pregnancy.
Alone, the AS3 comes with a 100-night sleep trial to test the mattress before you buy it, but you should be aware that when you purchase an Amerisleep mattress and adjustable bed base package, your mattress will not come with the sleep trial.
Finally, the Amerisleep AS3 is eco-friendly, using plant-based foam to reduce the amount of petroleum used in manufacturing. If you’re looking for a toxic-free mattress that is designed with the environment in mind, this is a good option.
Paired with an adjustable bed base, the Amerisleep AS3 mattress is a fantastic choice for guaranteeing a good night’s sleep when pregnant.
The minimal motion transfer, suitability for multiple sleeping positions and cooling technology designed to keep you comfortable all night all make this multi-featured mattress a great option.
#5 Layla Mattress : Best Cooling Mattress for Pregnancy
Why we like it:
- Copper-infused for rapid heat transfer and cooling
- Antimicrobial top cover
- Flippable firmness
- 120-night sleep trial
- Lifetime warranty
Do you break out in hot sweats while pregnant? The supportive Layla mattress could be a great option for you, with copper-infused memory foam layers designed to wick away excess body heat and keep you cool, all night through.
You Might Want To Pick the Layla Mattress If:
- You need a cooling mattress: Copper is the second most conductive metal known to man, and when the copper cells inside the Layla mattress are compressed, they are said to form a ‘thermal superhighway’ that repels body heat to keep you cool, all night through.
- Your sleeping preferences tend to change: The Layla mattress is unique because one side is soft while the other is firm, so all you need to do is flip the mattress if you begin to feel like you need more support or more bounce while you sleep.
- You require deep support around pressure points: The copper cells within this memory foam mattress compress to create a firming response in deep compression areas where your body sinks into the mattress, such as the shoulders and hips. This type of adaptive support can be helpful for getting a restful night’s sleep while pregnant.
- You want an antimicrobial mattress: Yet another great feature of the copper-infused Layla mattress is that the cells, when compressed, form an antimicrobial barrier, stopping bacteria, mould, and viruses from getting into the mattress.
The flippable Layla mattress is constructed from four different layers of memory foam. On one side is a one-inch layer of copper-infused foam with a firm comfort level.
On the other, is three inches of copper-infused foam to provide a medium-soft comfort level. Both of these layers are designed for rapid heat transfer and deep compression support, keeping you cool and supported while you sleep.
These two layers sandwich a layer of base support foam and a two-inch layer of convoluted support foam, designed to help wick air away from the body and carry it out of the mattress.
One of the most unique features of the Layla mattress is the option to flip it for a different firmness level, providing you with more or less softness, depending on your preference.
As many pregnant women find that their sleeping needs change throughout pregnancy, having two different options can be beneficial.
Another unique feature to the Layla mattress is that the memory foam cells are copper-infused to add a number of features that pregnant women may find helpful.
First, the conductive copper cells are highly effective at repelling heat away from the body when compressed, keeping you cool throughout the night.Secondly, the copper cells create a firming response when compressed, called Variable Support, providing additional support around deep compression areas, such as the shoulders and hips.
Pregnant women suffering from lower back pain and body aches will find this kind of support invaluable – and the Layla is especially comfortable for side sleepers.
Finally, the compressed copper cells form an antimicrobial barrier, keeping bacteria and mould out of the mattress, for a cleaner sleep environment at all times.The Layla mattress comes with a 120-night sleep trial period, so you can really get used to the mattress before you commit to buying it.
What’s more, the mattress comes with a lifetime warranty to guarantee the quality of the bed.If you’re suffering from hot sweats and lower back pain while sleeping, the cooling properties and deep compression support that the Layla mattress provides could make this the perfect pregnancy mattress option for you.
When shopping for a pregnancy mattress, there are a few features you should always keep in mind while browsing. Look for cooling properties and how supportive the mattress is for pressure points, such as the hips and shoulders.
Also consider comfort, especially when laying on your side, and how adjustable the bed is.If you keep these factors in mind and do your research before buying, you shouldn’t have a problem finding the perfect mattress for you and your growing baby, throughout your pregnancy.