While a top-quality mattress is great for soothing aching muscles or joints, it’s a worthy investment for ordinary sleepers, too. Luxury mattresses do usually cost more, of course, but what else sets them apart from other, less expensive mattresses?
Luxury mattress manufacturers use the best design and materials for their products.
You can expect a product like this to last for ages and provide true comfort. Why wait until you visit a hotel to sleep on a great mattress? This article will help you find the best luxury option for you.
QUICK LINKS: 5 Top Best Luxury Mattresses
- Best Luxury Mattress for Heavy People: The Sapira Mattress
- Best for Combination Sleepers: The Winkbeds Hybrid
- Best for Couples: The Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme
- Best Firm Option: The Avocado Green Mattress
- Best for Hot Sleepers: The IDLE Double-Sided Latex Hybrid
#1 Best Luxury Mattress for Heavy People: The Sapira Mattress
Last update on 2022-10-17 at 07:33 - More InfoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product." / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why we like it:
- Very supportive
- Durable materials
- Good for couples
- Keeps you cool
- Isolates motion well for a hybrid
The Sapira mattress is a luxurious bed-in-a-box model that manages to be more affordable than other luxury mattresses. Since it’s a hybrid, the Sapira is somewhere between a memory foam and innerspring mattress, in terms of firmness.
The coils give the mattress a firm, bouncy feeling while the foam provides soft pressure relief. The firmness offered is good for people who sleep on their backs or stomachs.
You Might Want To Pick The Sapira Mattress If:
- You sleep with a partner: The Sapira mattress not only isolates motion well, but has great edge support. These traits combined make for a good bed for partners, since you have plenty of room to move around and won’t disturb each other.
- You don’t like slowly sinking into your mattress: Some people immediately imagine a slow, sinking sensation when they think of memory foam. But Sapira isn’t that type of luxury mattress and feels firmer, since it uses coils.
- You’re looking for a long-term investment: The Sapira mattress uses high-quality, durable materials. This, combined with its sturdy design, should mean you can expect it to last a long time.
- You need extra support: Support is one of the Sapira mattress’s best features. If you have back problems or carry some extra weight, this option should give you what you need.
We chose the Sapira as the best option for heavy people because it uses memory foam, performance foam, and a coil support system.
The first layer is a 1.5-inch layer of Avena® foam, which is quick-responding and has a cooling effect on your body by providing more air flow.
Next, there’s a pressure-relieving layer of memory foam that contours to your body. After this is a layer of coils, which will prevent sagging and give extra support.
This mattress is a 7/10 in terms of firmness and has a responsive surface. It provides pressure relief without making you feel stuck. As far as motion transfer goes, it won’t do as well as an all-foam mattress, but does minimize disturbances better than the average mattress.
The Sapira mattress is CertiPUR-US® certified, meaning it’s been tested for ozone depleters, heavy metals, and other toxic substances. The manufacturers have partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation in an effort to plant a million trees by 2025.
When you buy the Sapira mattress, you get 100 nights to try it out and free returns and shipping if you decide to get a refund.
This mattress provides a cool sleeping experience due to the coils and Avena® foam, durable materials, and a supportive design. Side sleepers may find it too firm for their sleeping position, but most other types of sleepers should find it suitable.
#2 Best for Combination Sleepers: The Winkbeds Hybrid
Last update on 2022-10-14 at 15:48 - More InfoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product." / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Why we like it:
- Keeps you cool
- Eco-friendly design
- Custom made in the U.S.
- Relieves pressure well
- Good spine support
The Winkbeds hybrid is a very supportive hybrid made with a dense poly foam that is built to be durable. Due to the support offered, it’s good for combination sleepers and easy to change positions on, since you won’t feel stuck in the mattress.
Made in the U.S., with materials sourced in the U.S., each bed is made to order. Although their beds are luxurious, they still come at an affordable price.
This section will cover the Luxury Firm model from Winkbeds, since it’s the most popular, but they also carry a softer and a firmer version.
You Might Want To Pick The Winkbeds Hybrid Mattress If:
- You carry some extra weight: This mattress has been designed to offer support and comfort, even for heavy individuals. You will especially like this if you want support but like the feeling of a medium-firm mattress.
- You like bouncier mattresses: Although it is a hybrid and uses both foam and coils, the Winkbeds Hybrid mattress is on the bouncy side. You won’t get the “sinking in” sensation offered by foam mattresses.
- You don’t mind trying out a less known brand: Although Winkbeds has been positively received so far, they aren’t as well-known as some other mattress manufacturers. This is because they’re comparatively new on the scene.
- You are a combination sleeper: Even though it’s classed as a firm mattress, the Winkbeds Hybrid is versatile enough to accommodate many different sleeping positions. If you move around a lot in your sleep, this could be a good feature for you.
We chose this as the best mattress for combination sleepers because this bed is on the firm side, so it supports many positions. However, it should be comfortable no matter how you sleep, due to the plush pillow top.
The cover of the Winkbeds Hybrid keeps you cool by absorbing moisture. Made with Tencel™ technology, it’s also eco-friendly and made from plant-based sources. The top layer of the Winkbeds Hybrid mattress contains gel foam for a pressure-relieving sensation and cooling effect.
Below this are foam-encased spring coils that provide support and plenty of airflow. The average queen Winkbeds Hybrid is made with 1,358 coils, to be exact. Next, is another layer of coils and below those, a firm foam foundation.
This is a firm mattress that feels plush to the touch and offers a 6.5/10 level of firmness. This is what makes it approachable for so many different sleeping positions. It gives the sensation of sleeping on top of the mattress instead of inside it.
Because of the coil construction, the Winkbeds Luxury Firm Hybrid isn’t the best at isolating motion. If you like bouncy mattresses, the trade-off could be worth it, but light sleepers who have partners may prefer something that isolates motion better.
Winkbeds Hybrids are made using CertiPUR-US® certified, organic foam, making them a healthy and eco-friendly choice. They come with a 101-night sleep trial period and a 10-year warranty.
The firm, yet soft surface of this bed makes it great for people who move around a lot or those who need some extra support. It won’t give you a “sinking in” feeling, but instead offers a bouncy mattress with foam cushioning.
#3 Best for Couples: The Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme
Why we like it:
- Isolates motion very well
- Distributes weight evenly
- Plush, yet supportive
- May help with back pain
- Good for many sleeping positions
Tempur-Pedic is one of the best-known luxury mattress manufacturers. Memory foam conforms to each sleeper’s unique body to provide pressure relief. Customers report improvements in back pain after using the TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme Mattress.
You Might Want To Pick The The TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme Mattress If:
- You get cold in your sleep: Memory foam mattresses can feel quite warm. If you’re the type of sleeper who gets cold in your sleep, this could be a good solution.
- You sleep on your side: The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress has a medium level of firmness, making it great for combination sleepers. But side sleepers will especially appreciate the pressure relief offered here.
- You enjoy sinking into your mattress: Tempur-Pedic mattresses are known for cradling your body and allowing you to sink in. The surface of the TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme is very soft and contours to your body’s unique shape.
- You don’t mind spending a lot: Tempur-Pedic mattresses aren’t exactly known for being cheap and the TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme is no exception. If you’re willing to spend a lot for a quality product, this could be your best luxury mattress option.
We chose the TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme as the best option for couples because memory foam absorbs motion better than other materials. Since it has a medium firmness level, it should work with both your and your partner’s favorite sleeping position.
The TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme has a thin cover that you can take off and wash, followed by a layer of memory foam for pressure relief. Next, another layer of foam acts as the transition between the top layer and the support layer below. The support layer helps to evenly distribute your weight across the mattress for natural, healthy spinal alignment.
Again, it has a medium level of firmness but definitely has sinkage like all other memory foam beds. And the layers of memory foam in this mattress absorb disturbances very well.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are great in many areas, but some sources state that they emit Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). Tempur-Pedic has since claimed that this is untrue, but if the possibility concerns you, it could be worth keeping in mind.
With the Cloud Supreme mattress, you’ll get a 90-day sleep trial period, but you must try it for at least 30 days before returning. This mattress comes with a 10-year warranty.
All in all, the medium firmness makes it suitable for a lot of different types of sleepers. As long as you can afford the investment, this could be a great option.
#4 Best Firm Option: The Avocado Green Mattress
Why we like it:
- Optional pillow top
- Extra lumbar support
- Sustainable materials
- 25-year limited warranty
- Durable and long-lasting
The Avocado Green Mattress is a hybrid style bed that combines comfortable foam and a more traditional innerspring feel. Each layer of the mattress was created with sustainability in mind. Depending on how firm you like your mattress, you can choose to include a Euro-style pillow top or not.
You Might Want To Pick The Avocado Green Mattress If:
- You’re a back or stomach sleeper: The Avocado Green Mattress is firm, yet gentle. Side sleepers may find it a bit too firm, but back or stomach sleepers should be pleased with the support offered.
- You’re on the heavier side: Heavier people need extra support in their mattress, which can make it hard to find a reliable product. But the Avocado Green Mattress is very sturdy, making it a good choice for heavy people.
- Sustainability is important to you: The Avocado Green Mattress uses 100 percent natural wool, 100 percent natural latex, and organic cotton. If eco-friendliness is a big plus in the products you choose, this mattress should make you quite happy.
- You need extra lower-back support: This mattress has a firmer middle area to target the lumbar and pelvic regions. This unique feature could be what you need to ease back pain.
We chose this mattress as the best firm luxury mattress option because it’s made from denser materials than other mattresses. Starting from the top, there’s the GOTS-certified cover made from organic cotton.
Next is a layer of 100 percent natural wool, followed by a 2-inch layer of eco-INSTITUT certified natural Dunlop latex. Below this is 8 inches of individually pocketed coils and another 1-inch layer of medium firm latex.
As stated, this mattress is firm. You may even find that it feels too firm initially. Opting for the pillow top at an additional cost is one solution, but you may find that this isn’t necessary and that your body adjusts quite quickly.
The bed has strategic zoning for pressure point relief, so that the middle is firmer and the ends are softer. Users have reported relief for body pain after sleeping on this for a while.
As far as motion isolation goes, the Avocado Green Mattress does better than you’d expect from an innerspring design. Since the coils are individually wrapped, they don’t bounce as much as other innerspring beds.
The products used in the mattress are Greenguard Gold certified and made without dangerous pesticides or toxic flame retardants.
The Avocado Green Mattress comes with a 100-night sleep trial period. If you buy it and aren’t satisfied, you can return it. Avocado mattresses come with a 25-year limited warranty. For the first 10 years, you will have full replacement coverage and for the next 15, coverage for issues like manufacturing defects or physical flaws.
All in all, the Avocado mattress is reportedly effective at easing pressure points. It’s sturdy and durable enough to support heavy people and has an extra firm lumbar support area for people who need targeted body support.
And remember, if you want to adjust the firmness level, you can add a firm or plush mattress topper to your order or order it later.
#5 Best for Hot Sleepers: The IDLE Double-Sided Latex Hybrid
Why we like it:
- Doesn’t trap heat
- Durable and flippable
- Lifetime warranty
- Reduces pressure points
- Uses natural materials
We chose the IDLE Latex Hybrid mattress as the best for hot sleepers because latex doesn’t trap heat as much as other materials. It uses coils, which promote airflow, and also has a heat-regulating mattress cover and other cooling materials used in the construction.
You Might Want To Pick The IDLE Hybrid Mattress If:
- You sleep hot: This mattress is great for hot sleepers because of the proprietary Thermocool fabric used, which regulates heat. The foam used doesn’t have viscoelastic materials in it, meaning it won’t trap heat as much as memory foam does. And a coil foundation makes it even more breathable.
- You like a firm sleeping surface: You might love the IDLE Hybrid mattress if you already know you like firm sleeping surfaces. Latex is bouncier than memory foam and doesn’t create much of a sinking-in sensation.
- You want an eco-friendly mattress: The Latex Hybrid uses natural latex and organic cotton. If you’re prone to allergies or just prefer sustainable materials, this could be a good choice for you.
- You need to align your spine: Soft sleeping surfaces can often worsen back pain. The firm feel of the IDLE Hybrid offers a more balanced support and could bring your spine into better alignment.
- You want a durable, long-lasting mattress: If one of your main concerns with mattress shopping is picking a long-lasting product, you’ll appreciate that the IDLE Hybrid mattress has two sides. People typically replace their old mattress because it starts to sag in the center. But with a double-sided mattress, you can even out and slow the inevitable wear and tear.
Let’s look closer at the materials used in the mattress construction. The cover is made from a heat-regulating material that keeps you from getting too hot or too cold. Next is a layer of IDLE Cooling Buoyancy Foam, a responsive material for bounce and extra air circulation.
Below this is a 2-inch layer of poly foam for shock absorption, cooling, and pressure relief. You will sleep on this mattress, instead of in it. The interior of the mattress is made of supportive coils, followed by the same layers listed above, as the mattress is flippable.
The combination of latex and coils makes this bed feel quite firm to the touch, although the foam used in the top layer of the bed does provide a small amount of sinkage. The coils used offer decent motion isolation, although the IDLE Latex Hybrid won’t minimize disturbances as well as foam mattresses do.
The IDLE Latex Hybrid is the most natural and eco-friendly option available by IDLE. It uses natural latex and organic cotton, which health-conscious people will likely appreciate.
Each IDLE mattress comes with a 120-night sleep trial period and ships free to your door. If you do decide to return it, this is also free. And IDLE mattresses come with a lifetime warranty.
Overall, the IDLE Latex Hybrid is a good option for people who want a temperature-regulating mattress and enjoy the feel of latex. A flippable mattress lasts longer and also feels new for longer. The lifetime warranty is another nice touch from this company.