The Bear mattress is a memory foam mattress designed for fast muscle recovery and is interesting especially for athletes.
It provides Celliant technology, which increases blood and oxygen flow in your body, it sleeps cool and offers plenty of bounce.
Unfortunately, it is only 10-inches thick, so it doesn’t provide much support for heavy sleepers and it is a firmer mattress, which side sleepers who need a soft product should avoid.
Interested in the Bear memory foam mattress? Then, read on!
The Higlights: The Bear Mattress
The Bear is an excellent option for athletes and active individuals who need a mattress that aids in fast recovery. It stands out from other memory foam mattresses due to its Celliant cover.
Celliant is a thermoactive mineral thread that turns body heat into infrared light, which helps you sleep cooler. Once the heat is turned into infrared light, the infrared light increases your blood and oxygen flow, improving your cellular regeneration.
You’ll enjoy plenty of bounce and an amazing response due to this mattress’ three foam layers. Many reviewers say they felt plenty of hug from this mattress, without feeling stuck. But unfortunately, many users also report some off-gassing that lingers for several days after the mattress is unboxed.
This memory foam mattress is medium firm. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being extremely soft and 10 being very firm, it is rated a 6.5. This makes this mattress ideal for back sleepers who need plenty of support and cushion to keep their body properly aligned.
However, it is too firm for side sleepers who need a softer bed. Additionally, it is only 10-inches thick so heavier individuals won’t receive the full support they need.
Pro-Tip: Check out our mattress recommendations for heavier individuals here.
It includes a 10-year manufacturer warranty and a 100-night trial period which is average for these type of mattresses. Furthermore, this company and its products are new to the market. It is hard to determine just how durable their products will be after several years of extended use.
- Twin XL
- Cal King
Pros & Cons of the Bear Mattress
What we liked:
- Sleeps cool
- Celliant cover
- Amazing response
- Great value
What we didn’t like:
- Not much support for heavy sleepers
- Might be too firm for side sleepers
- Some off-gassing
You Might Want to Pick the Bear Mattress If:
- You are an athlete or live an active lifestyle: The Celliant cover and three memory foam layers create a sleeping environment that improves your cellular regeneration and helps your muscles recover fast. After sleeping on this mattress, you’ll wake up feeling rested and ready to tackle your next activity.
- You are a back or stomach sleeper: The firm design of the Bear is perfect for back sleepers who need a firm mattress, but with plenty of cushion. Stomach sleepers can also reap its benefits but they may need a topper if they desire a truly firm mattress.
- You want a cool mattress: You won’t wake up with the body sweats while sleeping on this mattress. The Celliant cover and graphite gel memory foam layer rid the mattress of excess heat and keep you sleeping comfortable and cool all night long.
- You want a mattress with amazing value: You won’t pay a fortune for this unique memory foam product. It is several hundred dollars less than competing memory foam products. Plus, Bear offers free shipping within the contiguous United States.
What to Look for in a Mattress For Athletes
- Firmness: Your sleeping position and preference determine how firm of a mattress you need. Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress, while side sleepers need a soft product. Back sleepers should consider a medium-firm mattress that provides plenty of comfort, yet is firm enough to keep their body properly aligned throughout the night.
- Construction & Materials: Various materials and multiple layers combine to create mattresses targeted towards all types of sleepers. Heavier sleepers should look for thicker mattresses as they provide more support for their larger bodies.
- Temperature Regulation: Innerspring mattresses sleep cool, whereas memory foam mattresses tend to sleep much warmer. If interested in a memory foam mattress, look for cooling materials such as gel foam and breathable fabrics that promote airflow and disperse heat.
- Durability: A good mattress should last for a minimum of eight years. Customer reviews and the length of the warranty are good indicators of how long the mattress will last for, particularly after extensive use.
- Warranty: The standard warranty for a mattress is 10 years. However, the best products offer a 20- or 25-year manufacturer warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What type of bed frame do I need?
You can lay the Bear on any flat surface. However, a traditional coil box spring does not provide the proper support for this mattress.
Q: Can I wash the cover in a washing machine?
No, you should not remove the mattress cover for any reason. If you need to clean the mattress, spot clean it with water and a mild detergent.
Q: How long should I let the mattress decompress before sleeping on it?
You can sleep on the mattress as soon as you unbox it. However, it may take up to 24 hours to decompress and provide its full support.
Q: How soon can I return the bed?
You must try the Bear for at least 30 days before you can return it. If you choose to return it after the 30 days and before your trial period has ended, you will receive a full refund and you will not pay any restocking or shipping fees.
The Bear mattress is an excellent option for individuals who live a healthy and active lifestyle. It is a medium-firm mattress, making it ideal for back and stomach sleepers, but it is only 10-inches thick, a little too thin for heavier sleepers. It provides cool nights, plenty of bounce and restorative sleep.
However, many users report strong off-gassing during the first few days and there is no indication regarding the lifespan of the mattress. You should try the Bear if you want to sleep cool, wake up ready to tackle your next activity and want a mattress with an excellent value.